Gameday Tigers

LSU Vs Oklahoma December 28th, Atlanta, Ga

LSUDad

Yep, this is the headline...

What Lincoln Riley said about facing LSU in the Sugar Bowl

Sydney Hunte | 8 hours ago

Lincoln Riley and No. 4 Oklahoma will head to Atlanta on Dec. 28 to face No. 1 LSU in the Peach Bowl. The winner will punch their ticket to the College Football Playoff national championship game on Jan. 13.

And in the middle of the Sooners offense this year is Jalen Hurts, who knows LSU well from his time at Alabama. Riley, though, downplayed any advantage Oklahoma might have as a result.

“I don’t think it hurts. Does it make a huge difference? I don’t know,” he said, during a media teleconference on Sunday. “Probably having played in the playoffs and handling just all the hype and all the outside noise that comes along with this, I would think he’s going to be as prepared as anybody going into that. But obviously, he’s doing it in a different place. This is a different LSU team. I mean, there’s so many different factors too. So if it is an advantage, that’s great, but we’ve got to go take it for what it is right now, and that’s just, again, kind of staying here in the present.”

Oklahoma, though, will have to contend with stopping LSU’s own high-powered, high-scoring offense.

“They’ve done a great job all year,” Riley said. “Joe Burrow’s had a great run, obviously played extremely well at the quarterback position. A lot of dynamic playmakers on the outside. And from what I’ve been able to see so far, their offensive line has done a great job as well.”

While it is the first Playoff appearance for the Tigers, it is the fourth for the Sooners and their third straight, with the team holding a 0-3 record in CFP games, a point that hasn’t been lost on Riley.

“The thing in this playoff is you’re going to play great teams, and you’re going to have to play really well,” he said. “Everybody here is going to have to play well to beat the other teams, and that’s how it should be. So it’s certainly important. It’s a good accomplishment, but it’s not, certainly not our end goal. Our focus will be trying to play our very best here on the 28th.”

Once again, a 4pm game, Ga Peach Time. The line opened at -12, moved to -12.5

For Saturday’s game, we met at Lenox Mall, parked, walked across the street, got a Marta card, good for entrance to Marta and round trip from Mall to MB Stadium. Once leaving the stadium, the percentage of UGA fans were below 10% on the Marta ride back. The Marta card is $2.00, the cost round trip was $5.00, once you pay for the Marta card, it’s reusable, next trip, insert card, put in round trip, pay $5, then you are set. 

The Mall has free parking, we used the covered section. If anyone is making the trip and needs more info, let me know. 

11 hours ago, LSUDad said:

Once again, a 4pm game, Ga Peach Time. The line opened at -12, moved to -12.5

For Saturday’s game, we met at Lenox Mall, parked, walked across the street, got a Marta card, good for entrance to Marta and round trip from Mall to MB Stadium. Once leaving the stadium, the percentage of UGA fans were below 10% on the Marta ride back. The Marta card is $2.00, the cost round trip was $5.00, once you pay for the Marta card, it’s reusable, next trip, insert card, put in round trip, pay $5, then you are set. 

The Mall has free parking, we used the covered section. If anyone is making the trip and needs more info, let me know. 

Use caution at that mall, my friend was car jacked there.  He got the car back after the millennial anti theft device was revealed.... it was a standard transmission.  My buddy was also robbed during the event.  Several other reports of cars being broken into there as well.  

As far as Marta goes sit in the front car near the conductor is my best recommendation to avoid hassles from other passengers. 

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, watson said:

Use caution at that mall, my friend was car jacked there.  He got the car back after the millennial anti theft device was revealed.... it was a standard transmission.  My buddy was also robbed during the event.  Several other reports of cars being broken into there as well.  

As far as Marta goes sit in the front car near the conductor is my best recommendation to avoid hassles from other passengers. 

We had no problems. There was security all around while we were there. Marta was LSU full. 

CBS Sports analysts predict LSU-Oklahoma game

Dave Holcomb | 2 hours ago

The College Football Playoff is still two and a half weeks away, but the betting lines are out, so it’s definitely not too early for some game predictions.

CBS Sports weighed in on how they see the LSU-Oklahoma matchup unfolding Tuesday. It was a clean sweep with all four analysts on the CBS Sports panel picking LSU to win.

00:07

“We saw what they (LSU Tigers) did to the Georgia defense, which was highly rated a lot more than Oklahoma even though they are playing a lot better on that side of the ball,” said CBS Sports analyst Brian Jones. “LSU all the way.”

“LSU, on both sides of the football, is too dominant for Oklahoma,” said Aaron Taylor.

Fellow CBS Sports analysts Randy Cross and Rick Neuheisel offered a little more hope for Oklahoma even laying out a way the Sooners can be competitive, but each analyst also sees LSU winning.

“Jalen Hurts has got to have an out-of-body experience,” said Cross. “I mean actually be un-tackleable. He’s going to have to run. He’s going to have to get out of the pocket and make some stuff happen, especially down the field. I just don’t think he can do enough.”

Even if Hurts has an incredible performance, he has to keep up with Heisman Trophy frontrunner and LSU quarterback Joe Burrow.

“No one’s figured out how to stop that offense with Joe Burrow having the ability to change plays at the line of scrimmage,” said Neuheisel.

Only Auburn has held LSU to under 36 points this season, and with Oklahoma not playing at an elite level of defense this season, it’s not at all a surprise to see many of the experts side with the Tigers.

It's a clean sweep.

The entire Inside College Football panel is taking LSU to take down Oklahoma in the Peach Bowl.

Embedded video

I know the transitive property doesn't always work in College Football, but I decided to do some digging on Oklahoma 
We don't have many common opponents, so I had to connect a few dots to really compare.

Here is what I found:

Northwestern St. beat Incarnate Word (44-41)
Incarnate Word beat Southeastern LA (27-21)
Southeastern LA beat Central Arkansas (34-0)
Central Arkansas beat Western Kentucky (35-28)
Western Kentucky beat Arkansas (45-19) :lmao:
Arkansas beat Colorado State (55-34)
Colorado State beat UNLV (37-17)
UNLV beat Vanderbilt (34-10)
Vanderbilt beat Missouri (21-14)
Missouri beat West Virginia (38-7)
West Virginia beat Kansas State (24-20)
Kansas State beat Oklahoma (48-41)

sooooooo, by transitive property (to the 12th power), Northwestern State is better than Oklahoma.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/9/2019 at 4:07 PM, watson said:

Carjackings happen all over atlanta, specially at malls & this time of year;p~ caution is good advice tho

I grew up hanging out atLenox in the late 60’s/early 70’s.... at least until Perimeter opened.

there is also a multi-use card for Marta, under 20$ for several (4-5) round trips... used that for dragoncon when id stay at my sisters house instead if a hotel.

• Like 2

College Football Playoff Semifinals 2019: Schedule, how to watch, keys to the game

play

What does Oklahoma need to do to beat LSU? (2:09)

Dec 8, 2019
  • espn_generic_m.jpg&w=160&h=160&scale=cro
    ESPN staff

The 2019 College Football Playoff matchups are finally set, and we've got an early preview of the dates, TV times, betting lines, most important players and key matchups for each team. Here's what to expect when No. 1 LSU faces No. 4 Oklahoma in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl and No. 2 Ohio State takes on No. 3 Clemson in the PlayStation Fiesta Bowl to determine who will advance to the College Football Playoff National Championship in New Orleans on Jan. 13.

No. 1 LSU Tigers vs. No. 4 Oklahoma Sooners

Power up that scoreboard because it's gonna be lit up early and often, as two of the nation's best offenses will go toe-to-toe in Atlanta.

The Sooners have been down this road before. Coach Lincoln Riley has had them running at peak performance for the past three years behind Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray and Jalen Hurts. LSU is new to this scoring party, with offensive coaches Steve Ensminger and Joe Brady opening up the unit and bringing a powerful, multifaceted attack.

The difference this year for Oklahoma? The defense is much better than it was a year ago, when it was one of the worst in the Big 12 conference. LSU, on the other hand, gives up more yards and points now than defensive coordinator Dave Aranda is accustomed to, but it hasn't been much of an issue since the Tigers have become so proficient offensively.

Dueling quarterbacks in Joe Burrow and Hurts. Battling wide receivers in CeeDee LambJa'Marr Chase

Key player for LSU: Burrow, the likely Heisman Trophy winner, has been the linchpin to LSU unlocking the explosive offensive attack Ensminger and Brady cooked up. He has failed to reach 300 passing yards only twice this season and has set SEC records. He is supported by great receivers, led by Chase, a Biletnikoff finalist, and a handy running game spearheaded by Clyde Edwards-Helaire. But Burrow, who also is a handy runner, is what Brady calls "an NFL quarterback."

Key player for Oklahoma: Lamb is the Sooners' best player, but Hurts is the most important because his ball security will go a long way in deciding how this goes for Oklahoma. He turned the ball over five times in two games against Baylor, the best defense he has faced this season. Oklahoma was able to overcome those miscues to pull out wins in both meetings, but LSU's offense is much more explosive and won't be as forgiving if the Tigers get extra possessions. If Hurts does take care of the ball, he gives the Sooners a chance every time out (he has 51 touchdowns and more than 4,900 offensive yards in his collegiate career).

Matchup to watch: LSU's front seven has had, shall we say, some issues with mobile quarterbacks this season. Mississippi State's Garrett Shrader and Texas' Sam Ehlinger each ran for 60 yards and a touchdown against the Tigers, and Ole Piss' John Rhys Plumlee had a whopping 212 yards and four scores. So what is someone like Hurts, who can run with speed and power and has amassed 1,217 rushing yards and 18 touchdowns this season, going to do? Don't be surprised if part of the answer from Aranda is playing safety Grant Delpitmore in the box and using his speed to keep Hurts from breaking containment.

X factor: Alex Grinch has been a difference-maker in his first season as Oklahoma's defensive coordinator, helping a previously inept unit improve into, at times, something better than respectable. So what will he have in store against LSU? How will he use his freakishly athletic linebacker, Kenneth Murray, to pressure Burrow while simultaneously helping limit Edwards-Helaire? How much havoc will Neville Gallimore wreak? Can Grinch mask an up-and-down secondary against a group of receivers in Chase, Justin Jefferson and Terrace Marshall Jr. that's as good as any in the country? If Grinch can at least slow down this Tigers offense, he'll be a hero. If he can't, it's hard to imagine the Sooners keeping pace. -- Sam Khan Jr. and Alex Scarborough

• Like 1

Peachy keen: See what Peach Bowl gifts LSU, Oklahoma players will get

Peach Bowl stock photo
File photo AP

Published Dec 11, 2019 at 8:33 am | Updated Dec 11, 2019 at 9:49 pm

Some college football players won't only be receiving free swag from family and friends, they'll also be gifted some cool prizes if their team made it to a bowl game this postseason.

On Tuesday, Sports Business Daily released a complete list of the bowl gifts given out, which range from mugs to watches, gaming stations, gift cards and more.

According to Sports Business Daily, participating Peach Bowl players will receive the following gifts:

• $390 Vanilla Visa gift card
  • Fossil watch
  • football

In the other college football playoff semifinal game, the PlayStation Fiesta Bowl members of the Ohio State and Clemson teams will receive:

• PlayStation PS4 gift package
  • Fossil watch
  • Ogio Shuttle Pack backpack
  • “History of The Bowls: Celebrating the Good of The Game” book
  • Ice Shaker insulated bottle

Last season, LSU players in the Fiesta Bowl received a PlayStation 4 gift package, Fossil watch with engraved caseback and Ogio X-Fit backpack.

Unsurprisingly, a PS4 bundle is the main piece of the players' gifts with PlayStation sponsoring the game.

LSU and Oklahoma will play at 3 p.m. Dec. 28 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta. The winner will advance to play the winner of Ohio State and Clemson at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in Atlanta on Jan. 13.

Heisman Trophy winner Joe Burrow returns to LSU football practice

1 of 2
burrowheisman.121519 HS 490b.jpg

LSU quarterback Joe Burrow poses with the Heisman Memorial Trophy after being named its 85th recipient, Saturday, December 14, 2019, in New York City.

• STAFF PHOTO BY HILARY SCHEINUK

Heisman Trophy Football

NCAA college football player, LSU quarterback Joe Burrow poses for a photo after winning the Heisman Trophy, Saturday, Dec. 14, 2019, in New York. (AP Photo/Jason Szenes)

• Jason Szenes

Shortly after winning LSU's second Heisman Trophy in school history, quarterback Joe Burrow said he couldn't wait to get away from all the interviews and the media obligations and return to practice on Monday.

The 6-foot-4, 216-pound senior was right back where he wanted to be Monday afternoon, tossing practice throws to receivers in LSU's indoor practice facility.

It was the team's first practice since the No. 1 Tigers (13-0) beat Georgia 37-10 in the Southeastern Conference Championship Game in Atlanta on Dec. 7.

LSU will make its first appearance in the College Football Playoff against No. 4 Oklahoma (12-1) in the Peach Bowl semifinal in Atlanta on Dec. 28.

And Burrow wasn't the only player to bring hardware home to Baton Rouge.

No, LSU brought in quite a haul last Thursday at the College Football Awards in Atlanta, with wide receiver Ja'Marr Chase winning the Biletnikoff Award for nation's top receiver and safety Grant Delpit winning the Thorpe Award for nation's top defensive back.

Burrow slung passes to Chase in Monday's practice, while passing game coordinator Joe Brady chirped directions.

Brady won the Broyles Award for nation's top assistant coach last Tuesday, becoming the first non-coordinator and the first coach to win the award in his first season with the school.

And on the far end of the indoor facility, LSU coach Ed Orgeron directed the defensive line, his first practice after being named ESPN's Coach of the Year.

The week of rest appeared to do well for what was already a healthy Tigers football team. Each player who started in the SEC title game was in attendance at Monday's open session of practice.

True freshman running back Tyrion Davis-Price wore a gold noncontact jersey. The Baton Rouge native and Southern Lab graduate has rushed for 276 yards and six touchdowns this season.

Roll call

Players missing from the open portion of LSU football practice:

• Todd Harris, S, junior
  • Michael Smith, OL, junior
  • Thomas Perry, OT, true freshman

image.png

In final radio show of 2019, Coach O focuses on Oklahoma

By: Johnston von Springer

BATON ROUGE - In just 11 days LSU will face-off against Oklahoma in the College Football Playoff semi-finals. Fans packed T.J. Ribs to hear the game plan from head coach Ed Orgeron.

"When I turn on the film I thought Oklahoma was one of the fastest teams I've seen this year," Orgeron said. "We've got to find ways to stop the run and still cover 'CeeDee' lamb."

Orgeron, named Associated Press Coach of the Year earlier Tuesday, did take a little time reminiscing on a whirlwind week that saw plenty of Tigers take home national awards.

"It was unbelievable to see Joe's face all over Times Square," Orgeron said. "Seeing LSU, it was just a great night for the tigers." 

The moment that stands out in Orgeron's mind is one that captured the attention of people around the country and has led to hundreds of thousands of dollars in donations; Burrow's mention of poverty in his hometown."

"I think what Joe did for the people in Athens is probably the most important thing he said that night," Orgeron said. "I know they raised a lot of money for those young kids and Joe has a big heart. I think Joe's an excellent leader and he's only just begun."

Aside from the awards and the upcoming matchup with The Sooners, Orgeron discussed recruiting with the early signing period getting underway Wednesday.

"I visited 19 to 21 players, somewhere around that neighborhood last week," Orgeron said. "I enjoyed it. I went to their families. We had celebrations. It was wonderful. I ate a lot of great food."

LSU leaves for Atlanta and The Peach Bowl Sunday. Kickoff is set for Saturday, December 28. 

Edited by LSUDad

1 hour ago, LSUDad said:

Got word, Clyde EH, pulled a hamstring, still 10 days till playing time. Will know more later.

It's OK to start threads. 😉 

I started one.  Heard about this yesterday but had zero confirmation.  Starting to come out more and more now, especially since he's an LSU student and LSU students see him on crutches today. 😞

2 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

It's OK to start threads. 😉 

I started one.  Heard about this yesterday but had zero confirmation.  Starting to come out more and more now, especially since he's an LSU student and LSU students see him on crutches today. 😞

I don't know, sometimes I think I start too many, then sometimes, I start one if I think more might open due to the heading. Then again, I kind of wait till news breaks before posting some things.

More "reports" of what may happen:

OU football: Ronnie Perkins, Rhamondre Stevenson, Trejan Bridges suspended for Peach Bowl, per report; Lincoln Riley provides no comment

If Perkins, Stevenson and Bridges miss the College Football Playoff semi-final, this would be a significant blow to No. 4 Oklahoma's chances against No. 1 LSU on Dec. 28. 

Perkins started in all 12 games this season for the Sooners, totaling 38 tackles, 13.5 for loss and six sacks. Stevenson has played as the back up for most of the season for Oklahoma, carrying the ball 65 times for 516 times with six touchdowns. Bridges has had limited time on the field mostly playing special teams, but has seven catches for 82 yards and two touchdowns. 

http://www.oudaily.com/sports/ou-football-lincoln-riley-gives-no-comment-on-suspension-rumors/article_5085c408-21b9-11ea-91d3-bfdb693d7ece.html/