Gameday Tigers

NCG In NOLA, LSU Vs Clemson, January 13th

LSUDad

7 hours ago, Eq4bits said:

Oh and today Mom of Clumps Etienne is saying etienne & her are getting death threats from lsu fans......

I think she's full of shyte but Les Miles screwed the pooch on that recruitment.  Big time slow played that kid who wanted to be at LSU so he could chase Cam Akers.  Check which one has had the better career. 

4 hours ago, Fishhead said:

I think she's full of shyte but Les Miles screwed the pooch on that recruitment.  Big time slow played that kid who wanted to be at LSU so he could chase Cam Akers.  Check which one has had the better career. 

If I recall, Akers was a 5* and Etienne was a 4*.  I checked, I was correct.  Maybe Les got too swayed by the rating services late in his tenure, or maybe we were misled by the kid.

9 hours ago, houtiger said:

If I recall, Akers was a 5* and Etienne was a 4*.  I checked, I was correct.  Maybe Les got too swayed by the rating services late in his tenure, or maybe we were misled by the kid.

We weren't misled by Etienne. We were misled by Akers maybe, but I never thought we'd get Akers and we should grab Etienne 

7 hours ago, Fishhead said:

We weren't misled by Etienne. We were misled by Akers maybe, but I never thought we'd get Akers and we should grab Etienne 

So, instead of Akers, or Etienne, we got Clyde Edwards-Helaire, a 3* back.  He didn't do much his freshman or soph years behind Guice then Brossette, but he fully came into his own his Jr. year, and may help lead us to a natty!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, watson said:

One thing I saw on the tOSU game is that the CBs played off the receivers.  They want to keep everything in front.  

One thing, the LSU staff really doesn’t study as much film for our offense. They almost never see the same thing. So we get to go through one possession, then we adjust from there. I was watching ESPN, they showed the section where Moss had his TD catch against Ok. Steve made that call on the headset. They knew it would be open. 

• Like 1