Gameday Tigers

Joe Burrow, More Records Within Reach

LSUDad

Joe Burrow’s numbers against top competition are elite

by Zach Ragan10 hours agoFollow @zachTNT

Former LSU quarterback Joe Burrow is expected to be the top selection in the 2020 NFL Draft.

There shouldn’t be much doubt at this point that former LSU quarterback Joe Burrow is the top prospect in the 2020 NFL Draft.

Burrow had an unbelievable 2019 season for the Tigers. He passed for over 5,600 yards while throwing 60 touchdowns against only six interceptions.

Those are ridiculous numbers. They’re even more ridiculous when you consider that Burrow was playing in the SEC — arguably the best conference in college football (that’s obviously subjective, but I think the majority would agree that the SEC has the most talent).

Somehow, though, there are still some draft pundits that believe Burrow isn’t the best quarterback in the 2020 NFL Draft.

ESPN’s Todd McShay, for example, said last mont that he believes Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa is better than Burrow.

"Tua ... I would argue he's better than Joe Burrow. When he's right, he's Drew Brees from the left side."

@McShay13 👀

Embedded video

Don’t get me wrong, I think Tua is great. And heading into the 2019 season, I thought he would end the season as the consensus best player in college football. But injuries, and the emergence of Burrow, changed my perception.

Buy Now!

I’m not sure Tua can stay healthy. And even if health wasn’t an issue, I still don’t think he’s better against great teams than Burrow.

That’s because Burrow wasn’t just terrific against bad competition — he was great against everyone. Burrow’s numbers against top 10 teams in his career (as a starter) are completely insane.

Against top 10 teams, Burrow went 11-1, completed over 66 percent of his passes, averaged over 328 yards per game and threw only four interceptions.

Think about that for a minute. Burrow started 12 games against top 10 teams and threw four total interceptions.

I’ve seen plenty of quarterbacks surpass that in one game against non-top 25 teams.

Now, it’s not like Tua’s numbers against top 10 competition were bad. They were also good. But they weren’t nearly as good as Burrow’s.

How do you perform against the best? Answers 👇🏻

View image on Twitter

Burrow’s final two collegiate games were in the College Football Playoff against Oklahoma and Clemson.

In those two games, the biggest of his life to that point, Burrow passed for 956 yards, 12 touchdowns and 0 interceptions.

Clemson, by the way, had the No. 3 scoring defense in the nation in 2019. Burrow was nearly perfect against one of the top defenses in college football.

There’s simply no way around it — Burrow is the best player in the 2020 NFL Draft. That doesn’t devalue the talent of Tua, Justin Herbert or any other quarterback in the draft. That’s just how much Burrow separated himself from the others in 2019.

Burrow has everything a NFL team could want — a history of production, confidence, swagger and unreal leadership.

The Cincinnati Bengals are going to get a once-in-a-lifetime player with the top selection in the 2020 NFL Draft. Their fans should be incredibly stoked.

• Like 1

I heard an interview with Marcus Allen, about Burrow.  They knew Marcus had gotten close to the LSU program.  They asked Marcus who Joe reminded him of, and he thought a bit, then said "Joe Montana".  They asked why.  He said it had nothing to do with on the field, but he said both treated all the players the same, backups were as important as starters.  Joe, and Joe, were just one of the guys, did not act like a star.  He said that is how they lead, and why guys want to play for them.  They earn respect in the locker room.  Interesting answer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Joe Burrow and His Girlfriend Are The NFL’s Next Power Couple

Patrick Pinak, March 16, 2020 3:27 pm
Joe Burrow Autograph

AP Photo/David J. Phillip

ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Burrow is set to become a very, very rich man. Over the course of the last year, the former LSU quarterback led the LSU Tigers to a College Football Playoff national championship game victory over Clemson, won the Heisman Trophy and starred in his first ever commercial alongside some pretty prominent NFL stars.

The Cincinnati Bengals are all but set to select the Louisiana legend first overall in the upcoming NFL Draft (barring coronavirus cancellations), which will instantly make the Heisman Winner a multi-millionaire and one of the most sought-after unmarried quarterbacks in the league.

Unfortunately for any interested ladies, Burrow is taken.

Joe Burrow’s Girlfriend Olivia Holzmacher

Former LSU quarterback Joe Burrow has been pictured with his girlfriend before and after games numerous times, but who is this mystery girl?

Her name: Olivia Holzmacher.

Holzmacher met the Heisman Trophy winner when she was studying data analytics at Ohio State University. Burrow landed in Baton Rouge after transferring from the Big Ten school in 2018, and Holzmacher graduated in 2019, according to the New York Post.

Judging from Instagram pictures on Holzmacher’s account, the pair have been together for about two and a half years.

Aside from supporting Burrow as much as possible, Holzmacher apparently is partnered with Verb Energy, which sells energy bars.

She’s Joe Burrow’s No. 1 Fan

Holzmacher has called herself Joe Burrow’s No. 1 fan, though she may face stiff competition from the LSU football faithful after the 2019 season. Still, she’s stuck by Burrow’s side for more than two years.

After Burrow led the Tigers to a national title in a 42-25 win over Clemson in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Holzmacher posted photos from inside the venue.

She also sat alongside Burrow’s parents and LSU head coach Ed Orgeron during Burrow’s tear-jerking and inspiring Heisman Trophy award ceremony and speech.

“I’m so proud of you! The best weekend ever!” Holzmacher said on Instagram after the speech.

Holzmacher is a lucky woman. Burrow has shown LSU fans and the rest of the nation that he’s charismatic, funny (have you seen his Ed Orgeron impression or how he handled his butt popping out of his pants?) and an overall cool dude.

There are already power couples galore in the NFL — Russell Wilson and Ciara, Aaron Rodgers and Danica Patrick and Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen — but Burrow and Holzmacher are already the hottest item around.

Joe Burrow is about to be the talk of the NFL once he’s drafted. But sorry, ladies, it appears he’s a taken man.

DOLPHINS REPORTEDLY WILL ATTEMPT BLOCKBUSTER TRADE FOR JOE BURROW

March 18, 2020

00:24
00:56

00:07