Gameday Tigers

Undercover Boss: Walk-Ons

Eq4bits

'I can't stop crying': How social media reacted to Drew Brees' appearance on 'Undercover Boss'

• STAFF REPORT
  • PUBLISHED JAN 8, 2020 AT 9:30 PM | UPDATED JAN 8, 2020 AT 9:57 PM
  •  
  •  
  •  1 min to read

Drew Brees masquerading as an entry-level dishwasher in 'Undercover Boss.'

Drew Brees masquerading as an entry-level dishwasher in 'Undercover Boss.'

PHOTO BY SKIP BOLEN, COURTESY 'UNDERCOVER BOSS' 

New Orleans Saints fans got to see a different side of Drew Brees during his guest appearance on the hit CBS reality show "Undercover Boss" on Wednesday night. 

The star quarterback traded in a football for a stack of dishes as he assumed the disguise of "Chris," complete with prosthetic facial changes, a fake beard and long, flowing brown hair, to work at the Poydras Street Walk-On's Sports Bistreaux in New Orleans. 

Brees and business partner Brandon Landry, who co-founded Walk-On's, went undercover to get a better understanding of their business. 

While it took a big reveal from Brees himself for his tutor, Anderson, to catch onto the ruse, those watching at home wasted little time commenting on social media at how "obvious" it was that "Chris" was Brees.

Along with a few good jokes, the general reaction to the episode was positive, with many viewers saying they cried tears of joy over Brees and Landry's appreciation shown toward the employees featured on the show. 

You can see some of the best reactionsbelow.

• 3 months later...

We started with the Boom Boom Shrimp. The Grand wanted Red Beans, Rice and Sausage. I had a Shrimp Platter. A number of managers came by to check. The main manager came over, after talking a while, he gave me his card, for future visits. 
To finish off we had the Bread Pudding. 

I made a couple orders to go, the mgr. picked up the tab. Tried to pay but wouldn’t take my money. So I left the girl waiting out table a nice tip. 

Brandon Landry is one of the guys that started the original Walkons, he has since had the Saints QB Drew Brees,  buy in as a partner. 

As some know Drew played High School Football At Austin Westlake. 

Drew works with a number of agencies to give back, USO, Habitat for Humanity, He also donated $5 million to aid in the Coronavirus fight. Drew assisted JJ Watt with the Hurricane Harvey rebuild. 

As for Brandon Landry, he too is involved heavily, giving back to the community. Brandon, Drew and Walkons every year help to sponsor a Golf Tournament for Folds of Honor. Folds of Honor is an organization to provide educational scholarships to spouses and children of America's fallen and disabled service-members.