Gameday Tigers

LSU vs Clemson

Nutriaitch

Sort of a funny story.  With my job I have to interact with someone in Mobile Alabama who is a a huge InbredGumps fan.  I have been dealing with him over the phone for about five years. Every time we spoke he would bring up college football, how dominant InbredGumps is blah blah blah. Always polite about it but always patronizing toward LSU. Well flash back to 11/9/2019 and 46-41 and the score really doesn't reflect how the game went. Since then, that MFR has not even acknowledged that we won the game or anything about our season, Burrow winning the Heisman etc. I guarantee you he won't say anything about the NC. What a sore loser, must be a miserable person. Maybe I'll send him a CD with the band playing Neck with the student chanting #STTDB :LSU: 

Edited by Hatchertiger
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • Fishhead unpinned this topic
  • 4 months later...

Dabo Swinney announces Clemson's leading returning receiver is out for the season

Michael Wayne Bratton | 19 minutes ago

Dabo Swinney broke some tough news to Clemson fans on Monday as the team’s leading returning receiver has been ruled out for the season before it even began.

During a Monday media conference call, Swinney announced junior receiver Justyn Ross will miss the upcoming college football season due to congenital fusion in his spine. Ross is set to have surgery to correct the issue in the coming days.

This issue is such a big concern that according to Swinney, there’s no guarantee Ross will ever play football again.

During his two seasons on the field at Clemson, Ross has caught 112 passes for 1,865 yards and 17 touchdowns. With Tee Higgins off to the NFL, Ross was set to be Clemson’s leading returning receiver this season after catching 66 passes for 865 yards and eight scores.

Ross, who was rated as the No. 1 overall prospect from Alabama during the 2018 recruiting cycle, signed with Clemson over Alabama and Auburn. Against Alabama in the 2018 National Championship Game, Ross caught six passes for 153 yards and a touchdown.

That performance put Ross on the national stage and signified his status as one of the best receivers in the nation heading into the 2019 college football season.

• Sad 1

OK folks, I got tooooooo much time on my hands!!!!

I got to wondering what the USCw fans thought about out national championship and coach o.  I found their game topic and picked up pertinent comments for your perusal.  Whachathink?

------------------------

Hey LSU is being treated like USC, They are not a running threat.

Clemsons defense has been lights out.

Okay. LSU needs to respond

So far, Venables looks to have brought a solid plan... let's see if L$U can adjust.

They won't

The Clemson defense has been impressive.

LSU needs to run the ball

Yes. If that deep threat is open then they are not going to play all of the short stuff.

We got a game.

I know it is a dome, but 52 yards is still 52 yards  (HT says: Clemson field goal)

The size and speed of the Linemen on both sides of the ball for both teams is in a different universe than what we put out on the field

Heck USC has a 220 pound LB, LSU has 230 pound safety.  And the safety is faster

LSU defense covers the wide side just like ‘SC....poorly

L$U is not going away that easy... they have an NFL coach on that side of the ball. One from the Saints on top of that.

Clemson is bringing it, and their defense is big and fast.

Dabo and his staff are out coaching Ed & Company so far.

These teams are amazing. What a game.

LSU is living off the big play. I dont think they can sustain that the whole game. Burrow is accurate though.

They need some rushing yards.

Think I just saw John Robinson. He looks better in cardinal and gold than in LSU’s colors.

Chase is crushing Terrell

Wow. What a touch by Burrow.  (HT says: must be the second TD pass to Chase, the 20 yarder, I liked it a lot myself)

That is the difference in this game - Chase has 2 TDS and a very long catch and run where he almost scored another

Cant say it would have mattered, but hand was clearly out of bounds on the play that ignited that drive. Good game and to me, that's all that matters. I have no skin in this game.

These DBs are really good. Not a lot of separation.

If the game is close in the 4 th, Clemson wins.

Why isn't LSU running the ball at this Clemson defensive alignment? Seems they would carve out 4-5 yds a pop if they did.

Pac 12 refs doing a great job.... I'm shocked

Wow!! Huge loss for Clemson D. Big mistake. (HT comment: that must be the targeting call on their linebacker)

I have a strange feeling Helton isn't even watching this game. Probably watching America's Got Talent, instead.

If he was smart he’d be copying the plays these teams are running for InbredGumps

Oh and observing how to utilize a tight end rofl

After that TD stood, this is now likely the beginning of the end for Clemson. Coach O is showing he can gettir done!

Dave Aranda’s D simply plays shut down defense.

Stingley is a freshman CB, Why don't the USC corners cover like him?

LSU playing lights OUT!!!

If L$U scores TD here... more than likely that sews it up.

Don't recall OBJ being as good as Chase and Jefferson when he was at LSU....I could be wrong? Clemson's Lawrence not as accurate tonight as he has been in the past. Seems to be the difference in the game.

Trevor looks like he is ready for his pro contract. Just doing the minimal. I bet he bosas next year.

Game over

True.... See how good they are next season.

Coach O to Haden:  "How my a-- taste?"

my take. on QBs:  Burrow hold the ball too long and that leads to sacks.
Lawrence has absolutely terrible atrocious footwork and thats why all his passes sail high.

Congrats to Coach O, so happy for the big guy.  F-YOU Haden. I hope you get involved in the Admissions Scandal.

I think Clemson d-line got tired.

There was no point during this game that I thought LSU wouldn’t crush Clemson. Burrow is like Tom Brady Junior. You could probably rest him the first half and they would still win.

Would Orgeron if he had got the USC job have left if LSU came calling?

Not a chance. He loved USC. That being said, he is where he belongs. Many of us miss him, but he would never have gotten the same support that allowed him to bring in a coaching staff as he has at LSU. He was not an overnight success at LSU, LSU worked with him to get where he is today.

So happy for Coach Ed, He deserves all his success, and he’d be the first to credit everyone else.

LSU ponied up $6mil plus for his staff. USC would never have thrown out that kind of money to support him. His recruiting staff is probably twice the size of USC's, as well. LSU is serious about its football program.

Orgeron Derangement Syndrome sufferers' brains just caught on fire.  Congrats to Ed Orgeron - Forever a National Championship winning Head Coach. No one can ever take that away from the man - No one. 
Not too shabby for a "lifetime position coach" who "isn't head coach material."  Yeah, brains catching fire in ODS land...

Coach O immediately gives trophy and credit to his players. True classy and nice guy that KNOWS football unlike mr sunshine pumper, brown nosing, ice cream eating clueless doofus we got that will probably give game credits to coach Folt or bohn.

That is why Coach O's players will run through walls for him.

Edited by houtiger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...