Gameday Tigers

Toughest opponent in 2019, InbredGumps or Clemson?

houtiger

Or, someone else.

For me, the toughest opponent was InbredGumps with Tua.  Tua is a great long ball thrower, and they are the only team to match LSU's 3 outstanding receivers.  InbredGumps's receivers were better than Clemson.  Devonte Smith single handedly kept the game close, with Waddle helping on a punt return.  Najee Harris (comes back next year) was tougher than Etienne.  Harris was in danger of taking the game over in the 3rd quarter.  On defense, nobody stopped our wide receivers and Burrow, lets call the two defenses even.  Clemson had great defensive stats, but they didn't play anyone and I discount the value of their stats on defense. 

If Tua stayed healthy, I doubt Auburn beats InbredGumps.  Then an 11-1 InbredGumps team, only losing a close game to a great LSU team, vs. a 12-0 (regular season only) Clemson team, I think InbredGumps would have taken them this year in a very close game.  With a healthy Tua, InbredGumps was better than OK and should have been in the playoff. 

don’t know who was toughest opponent, but Auburn was the toughest GAME. 

and honestly, i think Alabama was at absolute best 3rd toughest. Their defense was just not that good this year.  And 2 (maybe 3) of their scores were straight up mistakes by us. Not necessarily them making a play.

Clemson was definitely a better team than Alabama and would have skull drug them again if given the chance. Auburn did beat them, and I think Florida with Trask would have given them 17 kinds of hell too. 

Hard to say,  I think InbredGumps was the tougher game of the two but partially because we had to learn we could actually beat them and still weren't fully healthy. 

Auburn was toughest game followed by Florida. That was the two best defenses we played. Clemson was third best defense. 

Just now, Fishhead said:

Hard to say,  I think InbredGumps was the tougher game of the two but partially because we had to learn we could actually beat them and still weren't fully healthy. 

Auburn was toughest game followed by Florida. That was the two best defenses we played. Clemson was third best defense. 

i think we KNEW we were beating them this year.