Gameday Tigers

Crawfish, Best Season Ever?

LSUDad

21 hours ago, Hatchertiger said:

Already down to around $2.50 per pound live around here. Not sure if that is a field run or select, the former I suspect.  $4.00/pound boiled. I like to boil my own  so that I can sit down, take my time and eat at my own pace with a nice cold one and some country or Cajun music playing. 🎸

Up here they are $8/lb boiled, not easy to find them live =S

On 1/30/2020 at 4:01 PM, Hatchertiger said:

Already down to around $2.50 per pound live around here. Not sure if that is a field run or select, the former I suspect.  $4.00/pound boiled. I like to boil my own  so that I can sit down, take my time and eat at my own pace with a nice cold one and some country or Cajun music playing. 🎸

just paid $1.49 / lb live

tossing them in a pot this evening

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Over here in Cypress, Tx. My friend that owns a restaurant here, has her boiled Crawfish $3.99/lb pickup/curbside. 

My relatives down in White Castle, La. shutdown, only open Friday, Saturday and Sunday, selling boiled Seafood and other seafood. 

16 hours ago, dachsie said:

Actually I heard yesterday of one place but too far away from me with the shelter in place.  And I am starting to cough.  Am monitoring for fever

Take care first. You get around this area, let me know, Crawfish is on me.

This is my friends place. She has gotten creative. 5 lbs. Boiled Crawfish, 1lb Boiled Shrimp, 1lb King Crab Legs, Corn and Taters, with that, you get two rolls of toilet paper.  

32A7F29D-ADA8-454E-AC51-175C98A9E740.thumb.jpeg.9f4eff39462f23e4f157a5fb4c9f1c87.jpeg

Nice size on the Crawfish. 

D5D4F7B3-21DD-44E5-9B62-8E629AE6B037.thumb.png.ec4c3290d8d1d2480e3c627e66411f79.png

• Like 1

Crawfish farmers around here may be pulling the plug soon, we'd still have the basin though but it would put a crimp in the season and prices would increase. A small price to pay considering what others had to endure. Thank you China for trying to hide all of this form the world. 

https://www.katc.com/crawfish-farmers-urged-not-to-drain-ponds-yet-despite-drop-in-sales

Edited by Hatchertiger
  • Like 2