Gameday Tigers

LSU vs Indiana (Games 2 and 3)

Nutriaitch

3-1 heading to the bottom of the 7th.  Hill just threw a 9 pitch inning.  

One thing I noticed though.  He started off the 6th throwing 96 and got up to 98.  Last two pitches (fastballs) he threw in the 7th were 93 and 94 mph.  That's a pretty steep drop in velo in just a few pitches.  It's been a year since he's pitched.  Hopefully everything is good after this outing. He's special.

• Like 1

I kinda get it, playing all the pitchers.   I know that Skip’s philosophy and Maneiri has adopted it to not be afraid of finding out what you need to know, but can’t we save it for the week day games?    I really wanted to get the broom out... I don’t know, just frustrating to know we are better than Indy, but not playing to win.   

I’ll be be very interested to see who starts for the midweek games.   I’m expecting someone else to be at short stop.  

1 hour ago, cajunlostincali said:

For all thoughts on Hughes, I just read the following:

Maurice Hampton Jr. will play in center field the next two games, Paul Mainieri said. LSU will also try an infield with Gavin Dugas at second, Cade Doughty at third and Zack Mathis at shortstop.

Mathis? MY solidary man crush, at the 4?? Can you dig it??? :classic_love:

SS is 6, not 4