Gameday Tigers

LSU @Nicholls State

Nutriaitch

Tigers head down da bayou for the first road trip on the season.

6:00pm from Ray E. Didier field in the massive metropolis of Thibodaux, LA

Weather:
Gonna be cold and possibly wet.  63°at first pitch, winds blowing Left Field Pole to Right Field Pole around 9 mph (gust up around 12mph). 50/50 shot at getting some rain.

Pitchers:
Will update when officially announced. ExpectingWalker to get the start for LSU.

• Like 1

so, that was probably not an out.

is replay even available tonight?
because I know for 100%fact there is no room or anything reasonably close to the ballpark for the umps to go and look.

would they watch a rabbit ears type TV out amongst the crowd?

i'm gonna have to ask my Nicholls people one day.

1 minute ago, cajunlostincali said:

My heart sinks every time Walker struggles. I love that kid and want nothing than for him to have his day on the bump 

I was trying to explain to my wife he's the same kid from a couple years ago that was Greg Maddux-esque.  
He just can't find it anymore I'm afraid.  

that cross wind is a femaledog in this ballpark. 
always has been.

just holds balls and damn near stops them before they drop nearly straight down.
almost looks like it hits an invisible net up there at times.

mainly because there is absolutely nothing out that direction to stop or slow the winds down.
literally every building anywhere in the area is behind home plate. Wide open behind outfield fences.

4 minutes ago, Eq4bits said:

All turf, even the dirt.... like at Vandy. Turf sucks monkey butt

yeah, every local football team has also switched to turf now (except the catholic school where i graduated).
i absolutely hate it, but the lack of maintenance cost far outweighs the up front cost now. so it's a lot cheaper in the long run than maintaining grass.

2 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

I was trying to explain to my wife he's the same kid from a couple years ago that was Greg Maddux-esque.  
He just can't find it anymore I'm afraid.  

he's less that two calendar years from Tommy John, so he's really not that far off timing wise.

9 minutes ago, Eq4bits said:

All turf, even the dirt.... like at Vandy. Turf sucks monkey butt

also, i know a lot of schools (like those green pricks from New Orleans) do this all turf crap, but when did they also go to a turf mound?
those used to still be dirt. even at indoor stadiums.

now they turf.

at least Nicholls looks to have a true dirt warning track (unlike some other places).

1 minute ago, Fishhead said:

Beloso should've blocked that up.  Stupid turf monster got him I guess.

one of the MANY reasons i hate turf.
sucks ass to play on that sh!t.

yeah it's a more consistent bounce, but the extra spin it typically picks up makes it a completely different bounce and harder to read.