Gameday Tigers

2020 Season

COTiger

12 hours ago, COTiger said:

Enough of the PBP discussion of this shitty game.  It's time to discuss WTF is wrong with the 2020 Tiger team.  Where the preseason expectations too high?  I'm beginning to think so.  Discuss!!

if a middle of the pack SEC finish s "too high of an expectation", we got problems. 

• Haha 1

Scott Long said it better than I can:

I’m hard-pressed to find many positives about such a discouraging loss. LSU’s pitching wasn’t terrible, but it certainly was nothing to write home about as three pitchers combined for seven walks and one hit batsman. Likewise, LSU’s defense wasn’t terrible, but it wasn’t great. The Tigers committed only one error, but it proved costly when a misplayed ball by Zack Mathis allowed two runners to move into scoring position and one to eventually score. 

What was terrible, though, was LSU’s hitting. Not only did the Tigers collect just three hits, they were 1-for-17 with runners on, and 0-7 with runners in scoring position. LSU drew leadoff walks in three consecutive innings, but they were all for naught. Meanwhile, the Eastern Kentucky Colonels only mustered four hits, but were able to take advantage of the opportunities given them.