Gameday Tigers

LSU Basketball Player Wayde Simms Killed

NS Mom

On 9/29/2018 at 8:10 PM, Herb said:

Does Louisiana have a stand your ground law?

19 hours ago, Fishhead said:

I dunno. 

Yes, Louisiana does a very good stand your ground law.  Without good knowledge of the case or seeing the video, this is a big grey area for me on how the law would be interpreted; I would not think that the stand your ground law could be used as an unlawful (fight) was in progress first (this means I would guess the shooter started the previous fight).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, watson said:

Yes, Louisiana does a very good stand your ground law.  Without good knowledge of the case or seeing the video, this is a big grey area for me on how the law would be interpreted; I would not think that the stand your ground law could be used as an unlawful (fight) was in progress first (this means I would guess the shooter started the previous fight).

No clue how it started, i just know there was an individual down already and continuing to be attacked and Wayde stepped in. He was definitely controlling the one he was fighting, it was seemingly one on one at that point with others surrounding Wayde and the shooter. 

I just don't know how it'll be interpreted. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm going to unpin this topic because today, Wayde 'graduated' when he was honored during what would've been his final home game at LSU. 

If you guys recall, there were several odd coincidences following Wayde's passing involving the number 44... the number he wore for LSU. And Sky Mays was his closest friend... like a brother. 

Well today, Sky scored his last points in the PMAC...with exactly 44 seconds remaining. 

Wayde, thank you for providing LSU with a 6 on 5 advantage these past two seasons.  

44 Forever

• Like 5