Gameday Tigers

Cole Henry: Rut-roh or nah?

Hatchertiger

How many times have we seen these seemingly minor issues end up derailing an entire season?  Sure hope its nothing. And the fact that CPM "believes" its a little bit of soreness means nothing to me, he is far from an expert as we've heard that line before:

The preseason ace of LSU’s staff, Henry threw 60 pitches during his last start. His fastball velocity dropped around 90 mph — he normally reaches 94 mph — in the fourth inning.

“I felt out of whack a little bit,” Henry said after the game. “I didn't feel like I could put anything on my fastball. Maybe it's something mechanical. I don't know. (Pitching coach Alan Dunn) will look at the video, and we'll figure it out from there.”

LSU didn’t want to extend Henry during the outing, so as the Tigers scored five runs their next at-bat, leaving Henry on the bench in cold weather, LSU took him out of the game.

“Just a little bit of soreness in his arm,” Mainieri said. “I think it was more fatigue than anything.”

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_2d5155f4-631a-11ea-b405-137c8cb330c5.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twittertossos&utm_campaign=snd

I'm not saying CPM isn't a good coach, but there is something about what he says publicly and how he says it that aggravates me.

Edited by Hatchertiger