Gameday Tigers

Coronavirus (non-sports related)

Nutriaitch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I know that I was in college at one time and made my share of poor decisions but this just isn't right:

The fact of the matter is that college students will still be college students and there should be legitimate concern of the conditions these athletes will be walking into once classes resume. Take Alabama, for example, where it was reported Wednesday evening that students who knew they had tested positive for coronavirus, attended parties.

If that wasn't bad enough, Tuscaloosa city councilor Sonya McKinstry said the students have been holding "COVID parties" as a game to intentionally infect each other.

"They put money in a pot and they try to get COVID. Whoever gets COVID first gets the pot. It makes no sense," McKinstry said. "They're intentionally doing it."

https://www.si.com/college/lsu/football/2020-season-in-jeopardy

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/6/2020 at 12:16 AM, LSUDad said:

In 73, I remember this shortage well. In 70’s the gas shortage, speed limits moved to 55 mph. 
In 1999 Sheetrock Shortage. 
In 2008, .22 Shell Shortage. 

The Sheetrock shortage was due in part to a mild winter, a shutdown of manufacturing and continuation in the housing market. 

Some word, guns and bullets are getting to a shortage stage. I’ve had a number of friends asking about CCW Classes. My friend is doing classes, around one per month. More on the shortage...

https://www.thetrace.org/2020/07/gun-dealers-coronavirus-sales-inventory/amp/

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/28/2020 at 7:22 PM, LSUDad said:

Some word, guns and bullets are getting to a shortage stage. I’ve had a number of friends asking about CCW Classes. My friend is doing classes, around one per month. More on the shortage...

https://www.thetrace.org/2020/07/gun-dealers-coronavirus-sales-inventory/amp/

If you haven’t bought guns or ammo by now, you haven’t been paying attention. Yes there is a shortage. I wanted to get a few slugs and buckshot, all out. Now this was in Tx, while in BTR, my two cousins work at Cabelas. I should be good. 

Oh, there is a Freezer Shortage, talked with my friend where I have a contractor account. They are still having problems getting these. Covid shutting down plants. People stocking up on frozen food, etc. 

What the hell is going on? 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...