Gameday Tigers

Sunday 3/22 SECN LSU Takeover Day

Eq4bits

If you didn’t see or record the “CFP National Championship Special” at 10:30 last night, that was the best one. More of the mic on coaches. From what the guys in the press box getting down to the coaches and players on the field. Steve snd Brady were seeing the same thing Burrow was, what was going to be open, and where to go with the ball. Early on, running a formation, then seeing how the defense responded. Once this team got rolling, it was pitch and catch. 

• Like 1

Love watching these replays. When Dabo went crazy after they went up 17-7 I didn't blame him...but I had a HUGE smirk on my face hahaha! The Gump win was really a blowout. Two long passes and the punt return kept it close for them. Watching the replay every time they scored I would laugh and say..hey y'all watch this. The end of the first half was awesome. Greatest college football team ever.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, D J said:

Love watching these replays. When Dabo went crazy after they went up 17-7 I didn't blame him...but I had a HUGE smirk on my face hahaha! The Gump win was really a blowout. Two long passes and the punt return kept it close for them. Watching the replay every time they scored I would laugh and say..hey y'all watch this. The end of the first half was awesome. Greatest college football team ever.

Agree, this is a once in a lifetime season. Glad I got to live it. Making the aTm game. A major payback. Having a number of close friends that played and coached at aTm. They all saw the OT win by aTm, they knew this year, payback was coming. The fire in the eyes of the Coaches and Team, Sr Day, too many things were going good. 
After that game, it was known, LSU was facing UGA. A friend called, he had me a TAF ticket. A happened to be in BTR, I called my sister, in Woodstock, Ga. I got a place to stay. 

Next game up, Oklahoma. Well, I always have a place to stay in Ga. Told my daughter, book me a flight, done. Bad part, to get a flight for a fair price, I would leave Christmas Eve, return Jan 5th. As fate would have it, the UGA game and the Oklahoma game, I had free tickets for both games. Through friends I know. The UGa game, I texted a friend that knows my sister, told him I was in town for the game. He said that he had two extra tickets for the game and they were mine. For the Oklahoma game, my sister got a call from a friend, he gave us 4 at no charge. 
After the flight back to Houston, the next morning, I was driving to the Rio Grande Valley. Every year, friends and family, border crossing. A couple days crossing the border. Meantime, a friend has a condo in NOLA, at Cotton Mill, he offers it to me, no charge. So, drive back to Houston, wash clothes, sleep, next morning, drive to NO. Once in NO, let’s get this Party started. I have a place to stay, my friend said, if you want, it’s yours for a month. Meanwhile, a good friend is a retired Colonel from the US Army, he has access to two ticket, at a great price, so I’m in. 

So the last three games, I had to buy one game ticket and one flight, but I did get to spend Christmas with my family. This was a dream season, glad so many things worked out, close friends and family helped me observe the dream. 
Ready for this season to start. GEAUX TIGERS 🐅 

• Like 2

The part last night watchIng more in-depth in game. A game plan/ call sheet, the sheet used to call plays, this is done days before. Steve and Brady has this done. You can see the mixture of support staff in the pressbox. An opposing player gets hurt, who is his replacement. Knowing that players weakness. 
This season was the first time Brady has called plays. For those who watched, two things, Steve asked Burrow, do you want to keep the motion going, or get away from it? Steve wanted Burrow to make that call. Was the motion helping with his reading of the defense? Pre-Snap. 
The second, Steve tells the offense, we fixing to go fast here, Steve takes over the play calling. He picks up the card, then says,”We gotta go fast here, gotta go fast, here we go!”

Fun to see. 

• Like 2

I had watched bits and pieces of the game but last night was the first time I sat down and really watched it. Picked up on a lot more than watching it live.  It was huge for Joe to shake off being injured when he took that shot throwing a TD to Thad Moss. If he gets knocked out there, who knows?  Remember when Colt McCoy got hurt in the BCS championship game? If he doesn't get hurt, Texas probably beats Alabama. 2010 I believe.

• Like 2