Gameday Tigers

Tommy Moffitt Talks About The UTx Trip

LSUDad

The more you know...LSU VS InbredGumps

WATCH: InbredGumps pre-game chant to Burrow backfires

BySHEA DIXON 11 hours ago 

LSU and Alabama played one of the best games of the college football season this past November, and it finished out the calendar year as the most-watched college football regular season game in 2019.

The Tigers traveled to Tuscaloosa and took home a 46-41 win over the Crimson Tide that played out into the final minutes of the fourth quarter, with Joe Burrow and Tua Tagovailoa combining for 811 yards and seven touchdowns.

But in a battle of undefeated teams, it was Burrow who shined brightest, hitting on 31-of-39 passes for 393 yards and three touchdowns while rushing for 64 yards in a turnover-free game. 

Burrow seemed unfazed all evening, even with the Alabama students giving the future Heisman Trophy winner an earful during pre-game warmups.

(The video below contains language vulgar language)

A pregame chant for Joe Burrow before #LSU's ninth game of the season.

Embedded video

Burrow would wind up being carried off the field by his teammates in LSU's first win over the Tide since the 2011 season, when the Tigers knocked off Alabama in Tuscaloosa before losing the rematch in the National Championship Game in New Orleans.

“That was pretty special, you know,” Burrow said. “Having the guys embrace me the way they have, just some quarterback from Ohio who came in last June before the season, it means a lot to me.”

Burrow went on to win both the Heisman and numerous other individual awards, finishing the year with 5,671 yards passing, 60 touchdowns and six interceptions.

LSU finished the 2019 season at 15-0 and as National Champions, while the Crimson Tide dropped games to LSU and Auburn in November to finish the year 11-2.

16COMMENTS

“I told them, we’re the better football team,” Orgeron said after the win in Tuscaloosa. “That’s the first time I’ve told this team going into Alabama. When I got on the plane coming here, I felt like, ‘You know what, we got ’em. We finally got the tools we need, we finally got the players we need, we finally got the coaching staff we need to beat these guys.”

For Orgeron, it took three seasons as head coach to dethrone the Tide, something he had been preaching about as a goal ever since he took the job in Baton Rouge.

“I might be able to go to the 7-Eleven now and get a Monster or a Red Bull, and they won’t have to tell me, ‘Coach O, you gotta beat those guys,’ ” Orgeron said.

“This won’t be the last. We comin’. We comin’. We’re going to continue to rise. We’re going to continue to make progress in this program to bring a championship back to Louisiana. This is not the last time we’re going to beat them, I promise you that.”

LSU and Alabama will meet again on Nov. 7, 2020 in Tiger Stadium. The kickoff time and television slot will be released at a later date.

23 minutes ago, LSUDad said:

WATCH: InbredGumps pre-game chant to Burrow backfires

They are not very creative.  So much for classy bamy fans.  Here's the link so you can scroll down to hear the chant.  Must have been a satisfying win for Joe.

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Article/LSU-Tigers-football-quarterback-Joe-Burrow-video-Alabama-game-students-chanting-at-him-145411231/

What I see so far, I prefer O.  I think O is a straight shooter, Herman - not so much.  O has probably made more mistakes than Herman prior to their current jobs, but O seems to have learned a lot from his mistakes.  Herman seems petty and vindictive, O not so much.

• Like 1