Gameday Tigers

Glen Campbell

Hatchertiger

I was creeping around youtube one night, came across a tv show, reunion of about 15 country stars, Waylon, Willie, Ferlin Husky, Crystal Gale, others.  They mostly talked and each sang their top hit.  By this time they all had aged, so voices were not top.  But, when it came to Glen Campbell, IMO he blew them all away.  The quality and range of his voice, it was no comparison.  His guitar skill was astounding.  Very talented man, too bad he spent some time on drugs.  The other thing is several stars on the stage thanked Campbell for helping them with their careers.  I think Waylon in particular said Campbell gave him a spot on his TV show, and felt it gave him a national stage.  I liked all of Campbell's big hits, but only listened to him on radio.  Watching his stuff on youtube, he is more impressive.  There was a talk show he was on, just about his time as a session musician, and he demonstrated the different styles of music he was called on to play, in fairly rapid succession.  His versatility, on command, he blew me away.  Show was not Carson, it was another host.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 1:59 PM, houtiger said:

I was creeping around youtube one night, came across a tv show, reunion of about 15 country stars, Waylon, Willie, Ferlin Husky, Crystal Gale, others.  They mostly talked and each sang their top hit.  By this time they all had aged, so voices were not top.  But, when it came to Glen Campbell, IMO he blew them all away.  The quality and range of his voice, it was no comparison.  His guitar skill was astounding.  Very talented man, too bad he spent some time on drugs.  The other thing is several stars on the stage thanked Campbell for helping them with their careers.  I think Waylon in particular said Campbell gave him a spot on his TV show, and felt it gave him a national stage.  I liked all of Campbell's big hits, but only listened to him on radio.  Watching his stuff on youtube, he is more impressive.  There was a talk show he was on, just about his time as a session musician, and he demonstrated the different styles of music he was called on to play, in fairly rapid succession.  His versatility, on command, he blew me away.  Show was not Carson, it was another host.

Beautiful Young Lady, Glens daughter Ashley. 

• Like 1

Ralph Emery Country legends - lots of good old stuff.  Remember this is all live, no studio retakes.

Glen starts at 27:45, does one cover and one of his own.  Nobody on the stage could get up as high as Glen, well no male.  Listen to as much as you like.  I kinda like Lorie Morgan.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, houtiger said:

Ralph Emery Country legends - lots of good old stuff.  Remember this is all live, no studio retakes.

Glen starts at 27:45, does one cover and one of his own.  Nobody on the stage could get up as high as Glen, well no male.  Listen to as much as you like.  I kinda like Lorie Morgan.

Lorie is still a looker. Gilley is in that group. Quick story, I went looking for where Gilleys was, I could remember Old Spencer Hwy Pasadena, Tx. Look what I found. 

82D12721-1324-4888-AEAA-9CB80B278CA4.thumb.jpeg.28a7ccd7f6833b6f62726d6524ea7884.jpeg

• Like 2