Gameday Tigers

2020 Tigers In The NFL

LSUDad

1 hour ago, dachsie said:

The Saints game and the Bengals game are on at the same time.  I wanna see how Burrow does too.  I dont even watch NFL usually but may flip back and forth between these games

Hmmm.  I may try to record the Bengals game while I watch the Bucs.  Then play it back later.  I agree, I would like to see what Burrow does.  I think most agree now that what set Joe apart was between his ears, his smarts.  It will be interesting to see if he can look like a two or three year experienced QB in the NFL.  We have no right to expect it, but I would like to see that happen.  There is one thing I am confident of, if Joe looks confused, it will not be for lack of trying.  He has had a good work ethic.  I hope he does a good job reading an NFL defense and can find an open receiver to go to.  But, we have to remember, the Bengals got to pick first in the draft, because they had the worst team in the league last year.  That is going to limit how good Joe can look.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2020 at 9:28 AM, dachsie said:

The Saints game and the Bengals game are on at the same time.  I wanna see how Burrow does too.  I dont even watch NFL usually but may flip back and forth between these games

Local fox station (tyler haha ‘local’) removed itself, again, from dish lineup, ‘local ’ cbs not showing bengels game after dolohins game. Anyone kniw a way (free) to watch joey b?

7 hours ago, Eq4bits said:

Local fox station (tyler haha ‘local’) removed itself, again, from dish lineup, ‘local ’ cbs not showing bengels game after dolohins game. Anyone kniw a way (free) to watch joey b?

I wasn't getting it either but Nootch told me I was getting NFL Sunday ticket free this week so I got to see some of the game

Fournette did not show for Tampa Bay, 5 carries for 5 yards.  Burrow played like a rookie, made some very good throws and had a nice TD run, but missed some passes and threw a pick.  Bengals were in position to tie the game with 2 seconds left, kicker missed the field goal.  That is what the QB has to do, put his team in position to win, and at least Joe got the Bengals there.  Joe gave himself a grade of D, I would give him a C.

• Like 1

The Bengals play the Browns on Thursday night, let’s see if they improve from game 1 to 2. 
Clyde had a great game opening week. Patrick Queen also made a mark.

Queen had 4 tackles, 4 assisted tackles, one sack and 1 forced fumble. 

Jets Jefferson had 2 catches for 26 yards. Not helping the cause, Danelle Hunter is on IR, the defense didn’t help. The Vikings had 15 picks in the draft, so lots of youth on the roster, they should only get better. 

The Vikings, Colts, Eagles, Cowboys were a few that seemed a little off the first game, got to skim through a few games. 

1 hour ago, LSUDad said:

Patrick Queen also made a mark.

Queen had 4 tackles, 4 assisted tackles, one sack and 1 forced fumble. 

Patrick Queen was in the same class as Tyler Taylor and Jacob Phillips. Until he got in trouble TT was reported to be the most talented. Queen was probably viewed as third best among the trio.  Happy to see him continue to have success. FYI, Tyler Taylor must have gotten his legal troubles behind him.  He is on UAB's roster:

https://uabsports.com/sports/football/roster/tyler-taylor/8314

Did some more digging, TT actually played JUCO last year:

https://www.holmesathletics.com/sports/fball/2019-20/bios/taylor_tyler_ojn2?view=profile

Edited by Hatchertiger
  • Like 2

I wanted to see how my old mancrush Jamal Adams did with his new team, Seattle.  They won over the Falcons, and the Seattle Times was impressed with Adams first game:

Grade: B

Secondary

For as dynamic as Jamal Adams was, there are some things to clean up in the secondary, as Carroll said later (Ryan’s 450 passing yards is proof of that), such as the miscommunication that led to Adams and Shaquill Griffin running into each other to allow Atlanta an easy touchdown late in the game.

Quinton Dunbar, who started and played most of the snaps at right cornerback, got beaten a few times, and maybe we’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was rusty due to the lack of practice time. Griffin also had a somewhat uncharacteristic game, getting beaten a few times and with a pass interference penalty, though he also had a big breakup late in the game.

But Adams was somehow even better than advertised, making play after play after play both bringing pressure and in coverage.

Maybe none of his plays was bigger than breaking through to stop Todd Gurley short on a third-and-two at the 11 in the third quarter. The Falcons then failed to pick up the ensuing fourth down. Give Adams an A-plus.

They also mention D-Lew:

Grade: B

Offensive line

For a first time out with three new starters, a few early bumps in the road were to be expected. Wilson was sacked three times in the first half (though one appeared more the result of Atlanta coverage).

But as Carroll noted, once the Seahawks cleaned a few things up, the protection got a lot better.

Only one of Wilson’s sacks seemed the direct result of the line: when Atlanta standout Grady Jarrett beat Seattle rookie Damien Lewis.

Lewis also had two holding penalties and a false start — the kind of thing to be expected of a rookie in a year like this with no preseason. But he also appeared to hold his own with Jarrett as the game wore on.

Pocic is the center for Seattle.

27 minutes ago, houtiger said:

I wanted to see how my old mancrush Jamal Adams did with his new team, Seattle.  

He knocked Russell Gage out of the game:

Russell Gage evaluated for head injury at the end of the half

Russell Gage suffered a helmet to helmet hit from Jamal Adams on the final drive of the first half and has been admitted to the medical tent for evaluation on what we presume is a head injury.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/russell-gage-evaluated-for-head-injury-at-the-end-of-the-half/ar-BB18ZupD

Pretty sure Gage made it back into the game though after clearing concussion protocol.

2 hours ago, houtiger said:

I wanted to see how my old mancrush Jamal Adams did with his new team, Seattle. 

I guess this is the new NFL.  If you're a star and you get mad at your team, request a trade and they say no, you insult the head coach, the entire front office, your starting QB, and generally make an ass out of yourself, and the bigger and more public the better.  Then they HAVE to trade you.  It ain't pretty, but Jamal got what he wanted.  Jamal plays to be his best, and I think the issue was he felt the Jets did not want to do what is necessary to build a champion.  Jamal's thinking was "why put myself out there to the max, for an organization that won't put themselves out there to the max to build a champion"?

• Like 1

Former wideout Russell Shepard announces retirement

Darin Gantt
2 hours ago

Former wide receiver Russell Shepard’s celebrating his birthday today by turning the page on his football career.

transparent-320x50.gif

Via Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com, the veteran wideout announced his retirement after seven seasons in the league.

Shepard had stints with the Giants, Panthers, and Buccaneers. The Giants put him on IR last September with a foot injury.

He had an offer to work out for the Ravens during training camp, but declined. He finished with 60 catches for 847 yards and six touchdowns, and was a solid special teams player throughout.

• Like 1

Joe looked better his second week out.  We have to remember, the Bengals got the first pick in last years draft for a reason, they had the worst record in pro football last year.  It's not just about Joe, its also about the rest of the team.  Peyton Manning told Joe, the Colts lost a lot of games his first year.  Joe has to watch what he says.  He can't be totally honest, or he'd lose the locker room.  He can't say "my o-line sucks", or they'd lay down on him.  So, he can only blame himself.  His Dad trained him in football speak, I bet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hatchertiger said:

If Joe had the Browns running game they'd be a contender right now.  Bengals won't make it far this year if Joe has to sling it 60 times a game for them to generate offense.  CLEARLY have their QB and hopefully the foresight to build a team around him.  We'll see if that happens.

Joe is under contract, usually for 4 years with the team having an option for a 5th year.  When that runs out, Joe will evaluate what the Bengals foresight and good judgment has been to improve the team to contend for a championship.  Bengals haven't been good since the 80's.  Joe will want to play for a contender after his rookie deal runs out.  Bengals have to deliver or pay the consequence.

What every former LSU player did in the NFL’s Week 2

leonardfournette.jpg Former LSU and current Tampa Bay running back Leonard Fournette (28) ran for 103 yards and 2 TDs in Sunday's win over the Carolina Panthers. Photo by Kim Klement/USA TODAY Sports

Cincinnati QB Joe Burrow’s NFL rookie record 37 completions in the Bengals’ Thursday night 35-30 loss to Cleveland got NFL Week 2 rolling for former LSU standouts.

Running back Leonard Fournette, playing his second game with the Tampa Bay Bucs after being waived by Jacksonville, showed doubters he has plenty left in the tank. He ran for 103 yards on 12 carries, scoring two TDs including a 46-yarder with 1:46 left to play to clinch a 31-17 victory over Carolina on Sunday

This story will be updated after Monday night’s New Orleans Saints at Las Vegas Raiders matchup.

Thursday night

Cleveland Browns 35, Cincinnati Bengals 30:Bengals – QB Joe Burrow, 37 of 61 for 316 yards passing and 3 TDs, 19 yards rushing on 7 attempts. Browns – WR Odell Beckham Jr. 4 catches for 74 yards, 1 TD, WR Jarvis Landry 3 catches for 46 yards, LB Jacob Phillips inactive because of shoulder injury, CB Greedy Williams inactive because of shoulder injury

Sunday afternoon

Tennessee Titans 33, Jacksonville Jaguars 30 Titans – CB Kristian Fulton 3 tackles (3 solo) 1 PBU, 1 interception with a 44-yard return. Jaguars – WR DL Chark 4 catches for 84 yards, DE K’Lavon Chaisson 2 tackles (1 solo) including a sack.

Tampa Bay Bucs 31, Carolina Panthers 17: Bucs –RB Leonard Fournette 103 yards rushing, 2 TDs on 12 carries, 4 catches for 13 yards. LB Devin White 15 tackles (11 solo), 1 tackle for loss, 1 pass deflection. Panthers – CB Donte Jackson 3 tackles (1 solo), 1 PBU. LB Kevin Minter no stats

Pittsburgh Steelers 26, Denver Broncos:Broncos – C Lloyd Cushneberry, started on an offensive line that allowed 7 sacks for 61 yards. Steelers – OL Jerald Hawkins no stats.

Los Angeles Rams, 37 Philadelphia Eagles 19:Rams – DT Michael Brockers 2 tackles (2 solo), OT Andrew Whitworth started on offensive line that gave up just 1 sack as the Rams gained 449 yards including 191 rushing. Eagles – S Jalen Mills 6 tackles (5 solo), LB Duke Riley no stats.

San Francisco 49ers 31, New York Jets 13: 49ers – LB Kwon Alexander 5 tackles (3 solo) including 1 tackle for loss.

Buffalo Bills 31, Miami Dolphins 25: Bills – LS Reid Ferguson snapped on 4 punts, 1 of 1 field goals, 4 of 4 extra points, CB Tre’Davious White 1 pass breakup. Dolphins – LS Blake Ferguson snapped 5 punts, 2 of 2 FG made 2 of 2 extra points, DT Davon Godchaux 3 tackles (all solo), including one tackle for loss.

Indianapolis Colts 28, Minnesota Vikings 11: Vikings –WR Justin Jefferson 3 catches for 44 yards.

Dallas Cowboys 40, Atlanta Falcons 39:Cowboys – OT La’el Collins played. Falcons – LB Deion Jones 6 tackles (1 solo), ½ sack, WR Russell Gage 6 catches for 46 yards, 1 TD.

New York Giants at Chicago Bears: Bears – LB Barkevious Mingo 4 tackles (3 solo)

Arizona Cardinals 30, Washington 15:Washington – OT Saahdiq Charles no stats. Cardinals – CB Patrick Peterson 1 tackle, DB Rashard Lawrence no stats.

Kansas City Chiefs 23, Los Angeles Chargers 20 (OT): Chiefs – RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire 38 yards on 10 carries and 6 catches for 32 yards,  CB Tyrann Mathieu 5 tackles (1) solo and 1 PBU, 1 QB hit, RB Darrel Williams 1 catch for 12 yards. Chargers – OG Trai Turner was on inactive list with knee injury.

Baltimore Ravens 33, Houston Texans 16:Ravens – LB Patrick Queen 9 tackles (7 solo).

Sunday night

Seattle Seahawks 35, New England Patriots 30:Seahawks – S Jamal Adams 10 tackles (6 solo) with 1 sack and 2 QB hits, OG Damien Lewis and C Ethan Pocic (both started for a Seattle offense that produced 464 yards, gave up 2 sacks and was 2-of-2 in the red zone.

Monday night

New Orleans Saints at Las Vegas Raiders:Saints – C Will Clapp Raiders – DE Arden Key 1 tackle, TE Foster Moreau no catches

• Like 1