Gameday Tigers

How about a LSU sports Zoom meeting?

houtiger

On 2 point conversion topic, Houtiger said: Good podcast guys, as usual.  I found myself wanting to jump into the conversation a few times, so it got a little frustrating.

Nootch said: Hou, i do wish there was a way to interact with other during it but i don’t know how that would be done. 

I have a Zoom free account that is easy to use.  Many have participated in Zoom meetings online.  You do have to download the Zoom client to your PC, but its a snap.  Video is over the net, you need to have a webcam for folks to see you, but you can participate with voice over the net even if you don't have a cam.

The free Zoom account is limited to a 40 minute meeting.  There is a "Google Meet" solution that is not limited on time, but you must use Chrome and have a "Google Account", which is not the same thing as a "google mail account".  The setup is picky, so I'd favor a Zoom meeting for the first one.  If we go over, we could all log out, schedule a second meeting to continue, and then all log back in.  I was thinking 8 PM on a weeknight, bring your own beverage.

Depending on how this went, maybe do it once a month?  Talk limited to LSU sports.  It may work better while we are at home, and stop them later.

I have to send a link out to the Zoom meeting, which should be done via email, so you would have to send me your email address via private message.  Heck if I put the link on the forum, we could end up with a Notre Dame fan in our meeting :surprised:.

I'd probably give 3 days notice before the meeting.  Meeting invite would have the date and time.

I messaged with Herb, he is ok with it.

So, what do y'all think?

10 hours ago, Fishhead said:

That's funny, i replied to that topic before I saw this one. I'm literally looking up how to record a zoom meeting so we can make it a podcast

I thought it would be more "free flowing" and casual, not a good candidate for podcast, but perhaps I didn't see far enough.  That is the purpose of this topic, to explore.

As an informal gathering, I thought some might share things they would not write on GameDayTigers.

Let's take a shot at this and see if there is interest.  How about this Thursday (7/9/2020) night at 8 PM Central time?  If your bowling league is that night or your canasta game, let me know, with a small group we should be able to find a night even if we go to next week (hopefully Dad will have finished marrying off his sister by then).

You'll need to private message me your email address so I can send a link to the Zoom meeting.  If you have not installed the Zoom client (tiny bit of code), you will be prompted to install it the first time.  Then you hit the link I will send out.  You'll be asked if you want to use zoom video, say yes, and zoom audio, say yes.  You need at least a microphone and most modern laptops have a mic and camera on them. 

I have a zoom account (freebie) so my real name will be displayed (almost everyone likely to be on the meet knows it already).  If you don't have a zoom account maybe you can fake it out with something like "Joe Nootch" :classic_biggrin:.

Send me your email address if you want to attend!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/5/2020 at 10:11 PM, houtiger said:

Let's take a shot at this and see if there is interest.  How about this Thursday (7/9/2020) night at 8 PM Central time?  If your bowling league is that night or your canasta game, let me know, with a small group we should be able to find a night even if we go to next week (hopefully Dad will have finished marrying off his sister by then).

You'll need to private message me your email address so I can send a link to the Zoom meeting.  If you have not installed the Zoom client (tiny bit of code), you will be prompted to install it the first time.  Then you hit the link I will send out.  You'll be asked if you want to use zoom video, say yes, and zoom audio, say yes.  You need at least a microphone and most modern laptops have a mic and camera on them. 

I have a zoom account (freebie) so my real name will be displayed (almost everyone likely to be on the meet knows it already).  If you don't have a zoom account maybe you can fake it out with something like "Joe Nootch" :classic_biggrin:.

Send me your email address if you want to attend!

It's not too late to get in, just message me you want in, and I will reply with the zoom invitation.  Thur. night 8 pm central.

• Like 1