Gameday Tigers

UPDATE: Walkthrough Practice

Hatchertiger

Walkthrough practice two a days?  Well that's a new one on me.  Orgeron sounds excited about some of the new players. We won't know for sure who will contribute until the leather starts popping.  Concerned that our backup QBs really haven't gotten any reps. 

Orgeron mentioned a handful of freshmen that will compete for starting spots over the next few weeks including receiver Kayshon Boutte and defensive lineman Jaquelin Roy. Phillip Webb and BJ Ojulari are two freshmen edge rushers that Orgeron could definitely see in the rotation, whether it be in a rotational role or a starting spot.

"We've got some excellent players that are going to add depth to our team and some of them are going to start," Orgeron said on Off the Bench Tuesday morning. "Kayshon Boutte, him and Koy Moore are outstanding young receivers. Jaquelin Roy looks like an NFL player already, Jacobian Guillory is 337 pounds and it's just a very impressive group."

https://www.si.com/college/lsu/football/ed-orgeron-recaps-walkthroughs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've talked up Kayshon Boutte since I saw a summer workout video of his, running a four corner cone drill in deep sand.  He was bare footed, and tearing it up.  He is quick as a cat.  He's on the small side, but he looks like he could run one hell of a route, like he could make a vicious cut on you.  Our receiver room is stacked, but it will be interesting to see how much playing time he can get.

Dang this freshman class sounds excellent.  Top to bottom looks real good.  LSU has hauled in very good classes in the past, but I'm more impressed with this class than I have been with most.  Maybe it is because of a reputation like Arik Gilbert I had to go see his tape, but many of these guys are very impressive.  Nice to see O speak so highly of the 2 new DT's.  It's the SEC, you have to win the battle in the trenches first.

Edited by houtiger
  • Like 1