Gameday Tigers

New Truck

Nutriaitch

2 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

welp, thank to a Shop Rite selling me 26 gallons of mostly water from their fuel pump, i have a new (ly used) truck. 

303B80CF-A5F9-4FB9-B648-A0E918584AD9.jpeg

meaning the not quite 5 years i owned my last one is the shortest time i ever spent with a vehicle.

Where did you buy? Nice truck. My old Tacoma was a 2009, with 209,000 miles. Never a major repair. 

7 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

GMC dealership in Houma

The newer Tacoma has a smaller engine(ci displacement) but has more horsepower and gets better gas mileage. 
Like I said traded in my 2009 with 209,000 miles. They gave me $8,000 trade in. I’m good friends with Brent LeBlanc, Price’s son. Got prices here in Tx. So I drove to La, drove back to Tx with a new one. 
At one time is was the number one vehicle with the highest resale value. 
Enjoy the new ride. I’m close to 20,000 miles on mine, had it less than a year. The newer ones, you change the oil every 10,000 miles. 

• Like 1

On 8/4/2020 at 4:02 PM, LSUDad said:

The newer Tacoma has a smaller engine(ci displacement) but has more horsepower and gets better gas mileage. 
Like I said traded in my 2009 with 209,000 miles. They gave me $8,000 trade in. I’m good friends with Brent LeBlanc, Price’s son. Got prices here in Tx. So I drove to La, drove back to Tx with a new one. 
At one time is was the number one vehicle with the highest resale value. 
Enjoy the new ride. I’m close to 20,000 miles on mine, had it less than a year. The newer ones, you change the oil every 10,000 miles. 

I have not seen the new one.  When we had our Natty lunch, did not see your vehicle.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, houtiger said:

I have not seen the new one.  When we had our Natty lunch, did not see your vehicle.

I’m open for lunch anytime. We ate at a place called Craft Grill the other day. The owner is from La. Great guy, enjoys talking LSU Sports. He wants to eat at Capt Brads next week, let me know if you want to join us. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2020 at 8:41 AM, Nutriaitch said:

GMC dealership in Houma

I’m good friends like I said with Brent LeBlanc the owner of Price LeBlanc Toyota in BTR. 
While up in ATL for the SEC Championship game. I text Brent, just to let him know I was having lunch with my sister. My sister handled the Floor Plans for their dealerships for years. About an hour later, he called asked if I was going to the game, I said that I had two in the 200 sections with the TAF, he said that he had 2 in the 100’s and would give me those. So I used the two free in the 100’s, sold the 200’s at cost $130 to my friends. 

• 4 months later...
On 8/3/2020 at 7:42 PM, Nutriaitch said:

welp, thank to a Shop Rite selling me 26 gallons of mostly water from their fuel pump, i have a new (ly used) truck. 

303B80CF-A5F9-4FB9-B648-A0E918584AD9.jpeg

meaning the not quite 5 years i owned my last one is the shortest time i ever spent with a vehicle.

5 years is a short time. My record, a truck for one year. A car, once it broke 19,000 miles, I sold it. I had replaced the gas tank, transmission and A/C compressor. Never bought another GMC car after that. As for the truck, never bought another GMC truck after that one. 

19 minutes ago, LSUDad said:

5 years is a short time. My record, a truck for one year. A car, once it broke 19,000 miles, I sold it. I had replaced the gas tank, transmission and A/C compressor. Never bought another GMC car after that. As for the truck, never bought another GMC truck after that one. 

i’ve had 2 GMC Sierras and would happily buy another. 

had no interest in getting rid of my last one. but like i said, filled the fuel tank with water.  and wasn’t the same after that. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

i’ve had 2 GMC Sierras and would happily buy another. 

had no interest in getting rid of my last one. but like i said, filled the fuel tank with water.  and wasn’t the same after that. 

If I was to buy a full size, I like the ford. Toyota is a great truck, gas mileage is terrible. 
Last trip to N Ga a girl ran into the back of my one year old Tacoma. I have right at 28,000 miles after a year and a month, the Covid has slowed me down! 
I have a Ford full size rental now. Nice truck. 

47 minutes ago, LSUDad said:

If I was to buy a full size, I like the ford. Toyota is a great truck, gas mileage is terrible. 
Last trip to N Ga a girl ran into the back of my one year old Tacoma. I have right at 28,000 miles after a year and a month, the Covid has slowed me down! 
I have a Ford full size rental now. Nice truck. 

i grew up a Ford guy. but they have priced themselves out of the game for me. 

i get decent mileage with this Tacoma just hate the small tank. So despite getting roughly equal fuel mileage, i’m filling up waaaaay more often. 

• 6 months later...

In BTR, looking at another Tacoma, a year and 8 months, fixing to turn 45,000 miles. I should have waited a year, the 2020 has more on the radio, apps, Apple CarPlay. They have what I want, just waiting for them to truck it in. 
I was talking with them, they had a little over thirty hit the lot the other day, 27 were sold, before getting off the truck. 
Gave me good on my truck, plus good on a new one.

My cousin wanted a new RAV4, they had one on the lot, but it was sold, that day, didn’t have a new Tacoma on the lot. 

They are saying close to two years or more before they catch up. 

I passed by another dealership today, just to see what was on the lot, they have another add-on. Market Value Adjustment? Yep

832E51AA-4F98-40D7-9A89-D7C2EC2DED59.thumb.jpeg.cdfea52b78c9aada6ea65840845e7671.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/29/2021 at 3:38 PM, Nutriaitch said:

nice color.

i had mine appraised last week.  damn thing is now worth almost 10-grand more than i paid for it.
only problem is whatever the hell i would replace it with is also stupidly overvalued right now.

They were asking more for my old truck, than what I payed for my new one! 😳 

• Confused 1

2013 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Dually.  (I like big butts and I cannot lie)

Looks like most of y'all are different than me with regards to vehicles.  I haven't bought a "new" vehicle since 2000.  I buy lightly used and keep em forever.  

I just got rid of my 2005 F-350 last year and gave my son my 2006 F-150 when I got the Ram.  We gave my youngest son my wife's 2007 Hyundai SUV.  

I had a lot of issues with the F-350, but tallying up the repairs with what I paid for it when I bought it, I spent about $35K total and bought it with 60K miles.  
My Ram had less than 90K miles when I bought it last year.  I put a lot of miles on them but take care of them along the way.  
F-150 has 260k miles
F-350 had over 300K when I got rid of it
Ram has a little over 110K miles right now. 

Oh, also, on the Ram, I had it deleted earlier this year.  Programmed to add 75 hp and the fuel mileage went up pretty significantly.  

Towing my camper, the F150 got between 7-9 mpg...ugh.  Even not towing, hovered around 15...HIGHWAY
The Ram got 11 towing it pre-delete, and about 14 after. Not towing, about 21-23 highway.  Crazy to think vs the F-150 that this huge truck gets that. 
The F350 got about 11-12 towing the camper, and around 17-18 no tow.  (It was also deleted back in 2011)

• Like 1