Gameday Tigers

LSU Vs Missouri, Update

LSUDad

LSU vs. Missouri moved to Columbia amid Hurricane Delta concerns

ByBILLY EMBODY 62 minutes ago 

LSU vs. Missouri is now LSU at Missouri with the two programs agreeing to move the game from Baton Rouge to Columbia amid concerns with Hurricane Delta approaching the Gulf Coast this weekend, the schools announced in a release Wednesday morning.

The game time will also change from 8 p.m. CT to 11 a.m. CT and be televised on an ESPN platform to be announced.

“Due to the pending impact of Hurricane Delta on Louisiana and the surrounding area, it is in the best interest for the safety of everyone involved to move the game to Columbia,” SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey said.  “It was critical to relocate the game to an SEC campus where SEC COVID-19 management protocols are in place and readily applied.  I appreciate the cooperation of the schools who are working closely to make the appropriate operational adjustments in order to prioritize the health and safety of our student-athletes while accommodating this change in the schedule.”

Early on Tuesday morning, Hurricane Delta was upgraded to a Category 2 storm. Since then, it has already been further upgraded to a Category 4 hurricane. Right now, the storm is expected to make landfall in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama on Saturday morning. Hurricane Delta's maximum winds have reached 110 miles per hour this week.

"While we are disappointed to not play in Tiger Stadium this weekend, Hurricane Delta's current path and the need to play in a venue with SEC COVID-19 protocols in place made this change an absolute necessity," LSU Athletics Director Scott Woodward said in a release. "I want to thank Missouri Athletic Director Jim Sterk for accommodating this on such short notice and Commissioner Sankey for his continued leadership of our conference. I also want to thank those in other cities and venues who reached out to assist, including Shreveport Mayor Adrian Perkins and his staff. Our thoughts and prayers are with all those in the path of this dangerous storm. Be safe."

The National Weather Service reports "winds in Delta increased by 70 mph in the 24 hours ending 8 a.m. EDT Tuesday. That doubles the criteria for the rapid intensification of a tropical cyclone, which is a wind speed increase of at least 35 mph in 24 hours or less."

KOMU's Ben Arnet reported Tuesday that the two teams blocked off rooms in each city as they reviewed contingency plans for Saturday, but quickly the plans changed to having the third ever game between the two programs for the first time ever at Faurot Field.

“I'm told by a source that LSU has secured a block of rooms at a hotel in Columbia,” Arnet tweeted on Tuesday. “A Mizzou Athletics spokesperson tells me that Mizzou is preparing to host while also keeping their own rooms booked in Baton Rouge to play the game on the road if possible.”

LSU last faced Missouri in 2016, the first game under head coach Ed Orgeron, who was then interim coach of the Tigers. LSU rolled 42-7 over Missouri on that Oct. 1 night in Tiger Stadium. Orgeron faces first-year Mizzou coach Eli Drinkwitz on Saturday, who brings a different offense than the one LSU saw four years ago.

4COMMENTS

"Missouri on offense is very, very complicated," Orgeron told reporters Monday. "Coach has a lot of shifts and motions, will run the triple option. First time I've seen a pitch in a while off of a dive, a quarterback in a pitch with a lot of different formations. So we have to play assignment football. Boot and waggle team. They run a lot of nakeds. Offensive line, good zone blocking team will cut you, and also run some gap plays.

"On defense, they're a three-four defense, will run some bear. They'll blitz you. They'll bring pressure, or they'll play man coverage and play zone. Well coached football team in Missouri. We're looking forward to this week of challenges, of us getting better as a football team every day."

1 hour ago, LSUDad said:

Spending a few days in Fairhope, Alabama. Fixing a few things at my friends place after the storm. 
Im heading back up to Woodstock, Ga. Got a few things to do there. I need a vacation! 
GEAUX TIGERS! 

My Uncle and Aunt live there now.  Hoping to see them in Dec

• Like 2