Gameday Tigers

The Mental Side

Hatchertiger

I've been talking to friends about this issue. Just don't see that fire in their bellies. I mean, we did lose just about an entire NFL team and won a NC in the most convincing manner in all of college football. So there HAD to be a let down right? Obviously the team sees that. Hopefully they can get it all going in the right direction for the rest of the season.

Edited by Hatchertiger
  • Like 1

This is what I'm talking about, from Breiden Fehoko:

In 2018, the Tigers would finish the season 10-3 and win the "Playstation Fiesta Bowl" against Central Florida 40-32. That season would begin an upward trajectory.

"It was player-led from the bottom up," explained Fehoko. "I mean, we had great coaches, don't get me wrong. But accountability on that team last year, the leadership. Coaches didn't have to discipline players. It wasn't a need of a 'where's this guy? Is he late for workouts?' There was none of that going on, and guys just bonded really well. I knew I could trust the guy next to me."

That led to one of the greatest college football seasons of all-time. LSU beat Alabama and Auburn while in the playoffs blowing out Oklahoma and beating Clemson in the National Championship. They went a perfect 15-0 and took home the prize.

"It was a great experience," said Fehoko. "And just to know that I was a part of that and know what it took to get to that level."

https://www.si.com/nfl/chargers/news/hard-knocks-star-chargers-dt-breiden-fehoko-has-landed-an-endorsement-deal-while-pursuing-his-dream

So we go from players not having to be disciplined by coaches even for being late for a workout to this year where coach O has had to discipline players for "loafing" DURING a game :shocked:  Definitely seeing a void of leadership and fire in this year's team thus far.  Hopefully, the Mizzou game was this team's "Troy" moment.