Gameday Tigers

Coaching Changes Thread

LSUDad

1 hour ago, Hatchertiger said:

Bout time they do something in the SEC.  Lots of juniors and seniors unlike LSU this year. We beat them this year with a healthy Brennan 

Agree with that last part. 

But it's, what, Jimbo's 3rd year installing a completely new system? And they're a top 5 team. 

Now I think any of the top 4 could demolish them, but defensively they're way improved over the sumlin era. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fishhead said:

Agree with that last part. 

But it's, what, Jimbo's 3rd year installing a completely new system? And they're a top 5 team. 

Now I think any of the top 4 could demolish them, but defensively they're way improved over the sumlin era. 

Sumlin had the perfect storm, Mike Sherman was building for the 2012 season, but he was let go. Sumlin went  11-2,9-4,8-5,8-5 , 8-5 and 7-6. Never beating LSU. Jimbo had 8 starters on offense returning and 9 on defense, with 72 lettermen returning. This was to be their year, lots of talent returning. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cadillacattack said:

Auburn has hired Bryan Harsin as HFC ....

early yesterday i said he should be up near top of y’all list.  i think he will do well. 

now i hope he fails miserably and brings a biblical level of suck to the plains. 

Merry Christmas to you and your family Caddy. you need to come around more often bro. 

• Haha 1

Aranda at Baylor, offensive coordinator Larry Fedora has left, looks like he’s not the only one. 

At Florida, Dan Mullen has received a one-year show-cause penalty for recruiting violations.

Lane Kiffin is making a staff change on the defensive side of the ball, at Old Mrs. 

Source confirms that Larry Fedora is no longer the OC at Baylor. Also, source tells Yahoo that Baylor pass game coordinator Jorge Munoz is no longer on staff.

Damn. Didn’t a lot of LSU fans want Munoz to replace Brady in the PGC role? I thought he was going to be something

from twittersphere

• 2 weeks later...

BREAKING: Tom Herman fired as Longhorns head coach after 4 seasons

Andrew Schnitker
1 min ago
AP_19279100504018.jpg?w=900

NCAA college football game Saturday, Oct. 5, 2019, in Morgantown, W.Va. (AP Photo/Raymond Thompson)

AUSTIN (KXAN) – Tom Herman has been fired after four seasons as head coach of the Texas Longhorns, Texas Athletics Director Chris Del Conte announced in a statement on Saturday.

Del Conte said he recommended a coaching change “to get us on track to achieving our ambitious goals.”

Herman’s Longhorns failed to live up to the lofty expectations placed on the 2020 season. Texas defeated Colorado in the Alamo Bowl 55-23 on Tuesday night

The 2020 season was seen as a make or break year for the Longhorns with Herman’s recruiting classes fully immersed within the program. Senior quarterback Sam Ehlinger returned for his fourth season and new offensive and defensive coordinators were expected to get the most out of an experienced roster.

The expected success never materialized. The Longhorns dropped back-to-back games to TCU and Oklahoma, falling to .500 with a 2-2 record just a month into the regular season. Texas reentered the conference championship conversation with three straight wins but couldn’t beat Iowa State at home in a pivotal Black Friday showdown.

Texas missed the Big 12 championship game for the third time in four years after its 23-20 loss to Iowa State at home. A blowout win at Kansas State on Saturday didn’t do enough to sway university leaders to keep the fourth-year head coach. Herman ends his Texas head coaching tenure with a 31-18 overall record and a 22-13 conference record.

Every conference game went down to the wire for the Longhorns in 2020. Texas played in three overtime games and its average margin of victory was 7.25 points. The Longhorns’ biggest Big 12 win was a 27-16 victory at home against Baylor in October. Close games became a staple during Herman’s time at Texas with 27 games decided by one score or less. The Longhorns went 14-13 in those close contests.

When I read the statement below from the AD few weeks back I figured Tom was as good as gone.

"There has been a lot of speculation about the future of our football coach," Del Conte said in a statement. "My policy is to wait until the end of the season before evaluating and commenting on our program and coaches.

"With the close of the regular season, I want to reiterate that Tom Herman is our coach," Del Conte added. 

Del Conte later confirmed in a phone call with the American-Statesman that his statement means Herman will be UT's coach in 2021. A second UT source confirmed this as well. Herman could not be reached for comment.

https://www.hookem.com/story/sports/2020/12/12/texas-ad-tom-herman-remain-longhorns/6521741002/

Edited by Hatchertiger

1 hour ago, LSUDad said:

🤘 Texas announces it has hired Alabama OC Steve Sarkisian to replace Tom Herman as their next Head Coach

I've been impressed with Sark's play calling the last couple of years.  I thought someone would give him another chance.  He's kept his nose clean as far as I can tell, or Saban would have run him off.  I hope we get our OC before InbredGumps does.

• Like 1

Pete Thamel :

Texas has fired Tom Herman. Will owe him $15 million and the staff nearly $24 million.

To be clear, Herman and the staff totals $24 million.

From twitter.  When are these universities going to wise up?

From the head coaches point of view, what does he care if he get's fired, hell he's well fixed for life now.

Edited by houtiger
  • Like 1