Gameday Tigers

LSU @ Arkansas

Nutriaitch

We improved a bit, from a bad team to a mediocre team.  Secondary didn't have outright busts, except one, which can happen.  Our corners just got beat sometimes, not DBU this year.  Finley is looking better, more comfortable.  He has a cannon, but he's not reliably accurate with the overthrows and underthrows.  He has room to improve a lot, lets hope he does.  With Johnson not playing at all, and Nussmeir committed for next year, will Johnson transfer?  I assume Brennan comes back, he needs to show his ability.  The o-line needs improvement.  For years I have wanted LSU to include the TE in the short yardage passing game, like 3rd and 5+, and we finally do that thanks to Gilbert.  Ojulari is excellent at rushing the passer, but he doesn't set the edge on rushes and they can pick up big gains around his end.

25 minutes ago, Hatchertiger said:

Our defense played better except for our DBs getting scorched not busts, just got beat. If we could take away 3 of those big plays Arky isn't even in the game.  At least I won't have the bad taste of another loss when I grill steaks later this evening.

our D gave up 443 yards to a team that took 50 snaps. 

we gave up 24 to a team that had the ball for like 10 minutes total. 

don’t let the W distract you from the level of horse shyte that were producing this year. 

we are shyte-tastic. 

i have NEVER seen a drop off like this. 

no excuses Ed. 
this is your team and your staff. 

if Miles took heat during a season when we went to a NC game, then damn right your stupid illiterate ass is taking it now. 

worst team in 2 fornicating decades. 
last guy got shyte canned for fielding a team that would absolutely prison rape this abomination. 

Auburn 2010 undefeated nat. champs, 2011 4 - 4 in the SEC, 2012 0- 8 in the SEC.  It happens.

Granted Miles last team would beat this team, but it had not just been hollowed out by the NFL.

Miles was not fired just because his last team was performing mediocre, he was fired because his offense was stone age and he would not modernize it.  He could not recruit top passing QB's because they did not like his system.  It would not showcase a QB.  We were one dimensional and that doomed us to also ran status in the SEC.  If we wanted to contend for championships, we had to change.

O was named to perform the change.  He has changed the system, he has not been as hard headed as Miles.  I think the recruiting has improved.  O has been able to attract better QB's.  He got Burrow to come here, and won us a Natty.  Finley as a freshman looks light years ahead of Jordan Jefferson or Brandon Harris as freshmen, and even better than those guys as juniors.

O has improved recruiting and modernized the offense and has the program on an upswing as opposed to permanent mediocrity.

This is a real bump in the road.  We knew that losing all those players we would not be as good.  We never expected our secondary play to allow receivers to run free on us like they have, there are some real problems.

O will get next year, and that is what we need to see.  I give O this year.  Last year I liked our chances because it was a mature and talented squad.  You know how long it takes to get 2 years of experience?  Two years.

O pulls a very good recruiting class this year, we should be set to be very good in 2022, when last years class and the 2021 signing class have matured a bit.

54 minutes ago, houtiger said:

Auburn 2010 undefeated nat. champs, 2011 4 - 4 in the SEC, 2012 0- 8 in the SEC.  It happens.

not a good comparison if you want to defend O.

Granted Miles last team would beat this team, but it had not just been hollowed out by the NFL.

Miles was not fired just because his last team was performing mediocre, he was fired because his offense was stone age and he would not modernize it.  He could not recruit top passing QB's because they did not like his system.  It would not showcase a QB.  We were one dimensional and that doomed us to also ran status in the SEC.  If we wanted to contend for championships, we had to change.

Miles was fired for not winning enough.  Yes the offense is the reason he wasn't winning enough, but make no mistake about it, the losses are what got him.

He could run the triple option. If we was beating InbredGumps and in the playoffs, he'd still be here.

O was named to perform the change.  He has changed the system, he has not been as hard headed as Miles.  I think the recruiting has improved.  O has been able to attract better QB's.  He got Burrow to come here, and won us a Natty.  Finley as a freshman looks light years ahead of Jordan Jefferson or Brandon Harris as freshmen, and even better than those guys as juniors.

I still say we had an issue DEVELOPING quarterbacks under his regime.  We got guys that were just as highly rated (coming in) as anyone we have now. But they all got worse the longer their career went on.  And actually Harris and Jefferson were both ranked higher than Finley coming out of high school.  Both showed flashes in their first action.  Both looked horrendous by their last games here.

That's no doubt an issue with coaching them. Not landing them.