Gameday Tigers

LSU @ FU

Nutriaitch

On 12/14/2020 at 3:31 PM, houtiger said:

Tre Bradford is making an occasional contribution.  In particular, they throw the ball to him more than they run him.  To trust him as the target of a potential TD pass at that juncture of the game, that says a lot about the trust the coaches have in his pass catching ability. Well, Emery and TDP were both injured, so I guess Bradford just had to be a better pass catcher than Curry, which I can believe.  But, good on Bradford!

FWIW, go check, he's dropped more than he's caught and it ain't close  lol.  But he does get open. 

He damn near dropped his TD pass

• Like 1

Before the Fla. game, and after Gilbert opted out for the rest of this season, there was a hoopla in the press and on social media, that there was a problem in the locker room.  Rumor players didn't like O, and didn't like Pelini.  I looked for that on the sideline vs. Fla. and I did not see it.  I saw a bunch of young guys, playing hard and trying to help their team win.  I saw a lot of young guys forced to play too early, that have been growing up week by week, and they are effectively sophomores now.  I'm not sure they had confidence they could beat a quality team, but with this win, they know they are capable.  They may not win every time, but if they accept their coaching and play hard, they have a chance.  Looks like they turned a corner to me.

4 hours ago, houtiger said:

Before the Fla. game, and after Gilbert opted out for the rest of this season, there was a hoopla in the press and on social media, that there was a problem in the locker room.  Rumor players didn't like O, and didn't like Pelini.  I looked for that on the sideline vs. Fla. and I did not see it.  I saw a bunch of young guys, playing hard and trying to help their team win.  I saw a lot of young guys forced to play too early, that have been growing up week by week, and they are effectively sophomores now.  I'm not sure they had confidence they could beat a quality team, but with this win, they know they are capable.  They may not win every time, but if they accept their coaching and play hard, they have a chance.  Looks like they turned a corner to me.

Devil's advocate here.  Giving up over 600 yds (640 I believe) including 474 passing....I don't care if they like Bo or not, Bo hasn't regained any favor.  

GREAT win and yeah the guys I saw on the field Saturday night looked completely bought in.  I dunno if they're bought in to O, Bo, or themselves (each other as a team), but they're bought in.  But changes are absolutely necessary.  I'm not completely convinced Bo is the problem, but he's done a poor job this year.  Busch needs to be gone.  Bill Johnson needs to retire.  On offense, Steve needs to reassign himself or retire, and Cregg needs to find a home as an assistant OL coach in the NFL.  Signing Tristan Leigh MIGHT save him, but then again, Leigh may prefer he be gone...dunno.  

O has done a FANTASTIC job keeping this class together, even though we lost a couple flippers (gained a couple flippers as well).  But when you see InbredGumps signing the OL class they just did and think you're going to keep up with them going forward, you friggin better get some OL studs signed up and COACH THEM UP!

this game changes absolutely nothing about my opinion on this staff. 

wholesale changes need to happen. 

we are a DEEPLY flawed football team right now. 

we have serious issues that run deep and need to be fixed. 

Defense is one. 
Offense is not bad at all, but also not nearly what it could be. 

we’ve got a lot of work to do with this team. 

like i said in podcast, we found magic for a night. 
but until we prove otherwise, that’s what it was.....one night. 

mans in that night, the stats actually sucked. 

but we got the W. 

and for me, for one week, that’s all that matters. W. 

but once we get to off-season, we need changes. and a LOT of them. 

• Like 1