Gameday Tigers

2020 season CFP Playoff (probabilities/ possibilities / ponderings)

Nutriaitch

looking at just the computers, ND is ranked ahead of A&M in 4 of the 5 that are publicly available. 

the low and high scores are thrown out, meaning of the ones we see, A&M would not be ranked ahead of any computer poll used toward their ranking. 

they also rank behind the Irish in the AP, the coaches, CBS sports poll, ESPN power poll, Billy Bob’s bait & muffler shop poll, etc. etc. etc. 

Suck it Aggy!

15 minutes ago, dachsie said:

I just read that the BCS computers would have put the Aggies in over ND

I don't know, but it would not surprise me.  The BCS computers were the best friend the SEC ever had.  I would not be surprised if the humans picked ND because they thought it was close with A&M, but they thought the tv ratings would be better with ND.  It used to be that "losing late" in the season was the kiss of death.  ND beat a top 5 team in Clemson (without Trevor Lawrence), then got killed in the conf. championship when Clemson had Lawrence.  A&M has been improving week by week.  Who is the better team late in the season, I would go with A&M.

15 minutes ago, houtiger said:

I don't know, but it would not surprise me.  The BCS computers were the best friend the SEC ever had.  I would not be surprised if the humans picked ND because they thought it was close with A&M, but they thought the tv ratings would be better with ND. 

it’s 100% false. 

ND is ranked ahead of A&M in:

AP, Coaches and CFP human polls. 
Sagarin, Colley, Billingsley, & Anderson computers. 

Aggy is ranked ahead in:

Massey Computer. 

Not reporting (as of earlier today): Wolfe computers. 

so 7 of 8 know polls favor ND. 

It used to be that "losing late" in the season was the kiss of death. 

changing that was one of the goals of this new system. 

the date the game was played should not weigh as heavily as it did previously. 

ND beat a top 5 team in Clemson (without Trevor Lawrence), then got killed in the conf. championship when Clemson had Lawrence.

DJ (however you spell his last name) had more passing yards, same TDs, fewer int, and a higher passer rating against ND than Trevor Lawrence did. 

QB was absolutely not the reason Clemson lost that game earlier this year. 

A&M has been improving week by week.  Who is the better team late in the season, I would go with A&M.

ND would beat A&M by at least 2 scores. 

as would the rest of the playoff teams. 

3 minutes ago, Hatchertiger said:

I'd say A&M would beat ND right now.

no chance

Aggy last 3 wins:

17 over a 3-7 Tenn
11 over an Auburn team that fired their coach
13 over an LSU team in the midst of probably the worse 14 day stretch in a quarter century  

ND last 3:

24 over a shyte syracuse team
14 over a Carolina team in top 15 (note, this is a better win than anywhere on Aggy schedule) 
14 over Boston College (Acc version of Auburn)