Gameday Tigers

Paducah Michael. Prayers needed

NS Mom

UPDATE.   PM is off the ventilator

Paducah Michael’s wife contacted me over the weekend,  PM was diagnosed with COVID and Pneumonia  and is in CCU on a ventilator.  The last report was he is resting comfortably and his oxygen saturation is good.  If all goes well, he may come off the ventilator today

Also, PM’s wife has Covid, she is not feeling too well and will start meds today.   She appreciates all the prayers and support.   I will be happy to pass along any messages for you.

Edited by NS Mom
Update
  • Like 2

Received this message for PM’s wife.  Out of CCU

“Just heard from Lourdes Hospital.  Michel has been transferred back to the fourth floor out of CCU... he is going to need to be on reduced oxygen... he will need physical therapy... being on the ventilator leaves them pretty weak.  then he may go to Baptist Hospital to a care unit for recovering Covid patients... if he doesn’t get approved for that he’ll be back at Parkview for a bit.”

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NS Mom said:

Received this message for PM’s wife.  Out of CCU

“Just heard from Lourdes Hospital.  Michel has been transferred back to the fourth floor out of CCU... he is going to need to be on reduced oxygen... he will need physical therapy... being on the ventilator leaves them pretty weak.  then he may go to Baptist Hospital to a care unit for recovering Covid patients... if he doesn’t get approved for that he’ll be back at Parkview for a bit.”

Thanks for the updates. Continued Prayers. 

• Like 2

Last night, received an update from PM’s wife 

“Michael was transferred from the Hospital to Parkview Nursing/Rehab this morning (Tuesday, Dec. 29, 2020).  He is stable, but Confused, Disoriented, and Incoherent when speaking.  I have not been able to talk to him for about a week.  This kind of thing happens to patients who have been on heavy drugs.  He was heavily sedated for the week he was on Vent.  It should improve over time.”

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/30/2020 at 5:34 AM, NS Mom said:

Last night, received an update from PM’s wife 

“Michael was transferred from the Hospital to Parkview Nursing/Rehab this morning (Tuesday, Dec. 29, 2020).  He is stable, but Confused, Disoriented, and Incoherent when speaking.  I have not been able to talk to him for about a week.  This kind of thing happens to patients who have been on heavy drugs.  He was heavily sedated for the week he was on Vent.  It should improve over time.”

Any news on PM? I'm still praying for him!

This is what Mike sent:

I have been home for a week+. I feel good. Nothing hurts. Covid was a femaledog! It left me very tired and quite weak. Robbed me of whatever stamina I had. The good news is that I am feeling better and stronger every day. My physical therapist seems greatly pleased by my progress. I'm still wobbly sometimes and use a walker and wheelchair lot. I don't recommend the method,, but I lost 100 lbs. Those who know me can see what a good thing that is!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, dachsie said:

This is what Mike sent:

I have been home for a week+. I feel good. Nothing hurts. Covid was a femaledog! It left me very tired and quite weak. Robbed me of whatever stamina I had. The good news is that I am feeling better and stronger every day. My physical therapist seems greatly pleased by my progress. I'm still wobbly sometimes and use a walker and wheelchair lot. I don't recommend the method,, but I lost 100 lbs. Those who know me can see what a good thing that is!

Thank you Dach for the update! Keep fighting that fight PM, we are behind you every step of the way.

Hello Tigers!

I see that Dachsie passed along my current condition. (Thanks, Dachsie!)

I can't tell you how happy I am to be home and recovering steadily. Every day I feel a bit stronger.

Sharon told you that I was Confused, Disoriented, and Incoherent when speaking.  I'm pretty sure that is normal for me.

I am still easily confused. I can't keep track of what day it is- but that doesn't matter. One day is as good as any for me.

Thank you - each and every one of you - for your support. I am a strong believer in prayer and I am certain that your prayers made a difference. I am truly blessed to have survived, and recovering well from that terrible disease.  It was awful.

• Like 6