Gameday Tigers

2021 Border Crossing

LSUDad

We will once again, be heading across the Rio Grande River. MLK weekend. Jan 14th. Looks to be a little under 20 folks going this year. Everyone has had enough of the lockdown. Yes, the meds to combat Covid are available in Mexico. Last year Z-Packs were $1.95 per dosage. Amoxicillin is 500mg 100 pills for $5. 

$1=20.09 pesos. Good rate of exchange. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, we did have a few that went on MLK long weekend. Town still safe. 

Since a change of plans, we have another group going, Valentines Day, flying and driving in. Most will stay till Thursday or Friday. 

So have asked about meds. They sell the normal items. But the Covid item are good with price and availability. 

On 1/20/2021 at 6:24 PM, Hatchertiger said:

Can you bring tequila back?

Let me know what you want, I’ll be driving through to BTR, then Fairhope, Al, after up to Woodstock, Ga. My friend wants the two worms, every trip! 

“TEQUILA DOS GUSANOS MEZCAL W/2 AGAVE WORMS”

https://images.app.goo.gl/T75Z3GhEqSbfcciB8

Edited by LSUDad

We are almost set for the border crossing, 9 folks for sure. Two more still thinking. 6 of the ones coming, this will be their first trip. 
The early items, .925 Silver, Medicine, Pewter, and Knockoff Purses. I’m sure many other items will be bought once we get to the shops. 

A big meal at Arturo’s Restaurant will get everyone stuffed. Check out the Lunch Specials.

http://arturosbarandgrill.com/about/

• Like 1

We crossed today. No problems, with the cool weather, not many across the border. The main restaurant and store had backup generators. Bought way too much for the first day across. Drove my truck over. Medicines were big, pure Vanilla by liter, bought a case of 12 bottles. Since the other 4 flew in, I’ll box their items up, bring back to La and Ga. 

Lost power at the hotel close to the border. Looks like no power today. About 10 miles from here, we have reservations. Will move there, then head back across the border. Flights might be canceled Thursday, when the 4 fly back. So they may keep the rental, drive to corpus, or to Houston. My cousin is a travel agent, she handles everything we need. Oh, that’s her brother that owns Billy Cannons race horse, Chinese Bandit! 
No power in Mexico, generators running, food and drinks are still good. 
Google Disco Store in Neuvo Progresso. 

• Like 1