Gameday Tigers

2021 Winter Storm Uri

Eq4bits

It was 8°F this morning at 7:30 with some sneaux flurries. It’s sunny here now & about 15°F. Lots of deer tracks in front yard, bald eagles flying overhead & ‘screaming’. Squirrels are out finding nuts they had buried, birds leaving tracks on my back deck.

neighbor said theres 2” of ice 🧊 on our road

supposed to remain below freezing and tomorrow they expect freezing precipitation.

• Like 1

Electricity was off 20 hours on Tuesday, 20 hours today.  53 degrees in the house.  Wearing my wool stocking hat indoors with jacket.  No water pressure either.  We pull stuff out of the fridge to heat on my Coleman propane camping stove.  One son lives 2 miles down the road, same situation as me, they have an active two year old.   Only way to stay warm is to all pile in the bed and add covers.  Epic failure of the Texas power generators and grid.  They say these are similar generators to those used up north, but we did not do additional work to winterize the generators.  They are bringing on generators now that the temps have warmed to above freezing.  At some point soon their objective is to get the rolling blackouts to 1 hour per location.  The last few days they did not have enough capacity to do rolling blackouts, because they were trying to keep up the priority locations like hospitals and grocery stores, so if you were on that grid you may not have lost power.  I bet there will be lawsuits.

This is a test run for Green Energy, hows everyone? 

We still in Kingsville, got water, power, restaurants and stores open, roads clear. They want to tour the Kings Ranch today. 

Everything in the Tx house good, talk with both girls. Water and power good. 

Only one that I’ve talked with had a roof leak. 

Hopes and prayers folks stay safe with minimal damage. 

Havent lost power (knock on wood)

lost water yesterday, luckily had filled bathtub for dishes/etc, tub down by half; hauling buckets of sneaux in to mrlt to flush toilets

we had 5+ inches of sneaux, which now has at least 2inches of ice under it. Used pointy end of golf umbrella to break ice to make a path to mancave to access supplies stored over there. 

• Like 2

Have had rolling blackouts since Monday nite until today.  We had snow and ice and then ice and snow and evaporated snow.  My driveway is a sheet of ice.  My boss came over and helped me break some of it up so I could get out safely.

IMG_1994.jpg

IMG_1996.jpg

IMG_2011.jpg

Edited by dachsie
  • Like 3