Gameday Tigers

Title IX Independent Investigation

Fishhead

58 minutes ago, houtiger said:

LSU offered to have Guice apologize to Ms. Scott, whether it was O that made the offer or someone else.  So, what we are discussing is does Ms. Scott get to demand what she wants and LSU has to do it, or does O also have a say in making the punishment fit the crime, so to speak. 

The incident occurred on 12/9.  We don't know when Ms. Scott spoke to LSU, when O was made aware of an allegation.  I wonder when Guice was no longer a student at LSU?  He was still a member of the football team until after the bowl game.

Serious question: Had your grandmother been the victim, would “an apology” be all you needed to move on?

O admits to being aware the incident happened. 

We know Guice didn’t sit. 

So what was his punishment?
Ran one extra 40 in practice?
Handled internally?
Told coach “my bad bro”?

You and me both know that won’t (and shouldn’t) fly. 

Some sort of punishment needed to happen. 

And according to O’s most recent statement he’s “not sure what happened”. 

So, part of the issue is what should the severity of the punishment have been? 

something more severe than “an offer to apologize” and asking the lady to “forgive him, he’s from a broken home”

this is another entry on a growing list of things handled shittily by this school. 

Then we have Ms. Scott's demand for $100K and was she looking to shake LSU down, which they have the tape.

you seem to be the only person that believes it was her. 

Segar called him out on the lie on tape. 
Verge called him out for the lie on tape. 
I called him out for the lie too. 

Dude is a con artist taking advantage of an old lady. Happens all the damn time. 

11 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

Serious question: Had your grandmother been the victim, would “an apology” be all you needed to move on?

O admits to being aware the incident happened. 

We know Guice didn’t sit. 

So what was his punishment?
Ran one extra 40 in practice?
Handled internally?
Told coach “my bad bro”?

You and me both know that won’t (and shouldn’t) fly. 

Some sort of punishment needed to happen. 

And according to O’s most recent statement he’s “not sure what happened”. 

something more severe than “an offer to apologize” and asking the lady to “forgive him, he’s from a broken home”

this is another entry on a growing list of things handled shittily by this school.

If this had happened in the middle of the season, I would have sat him for a game.

The timing is important to me, and probably was to O also.

It was Guice's last game, I'm sure he was no longer a student at LSU as the fall semester had ended before the bowl game was played on Jan. 1.

If you sit Guice for his last game before he goes into the draft, a drop of a round in the draft can cost him a million dollars or more, real quick.

Guice was considered to be a first round talent, then word got around that people were concerned about character issues and he was being looked at in the third round.  Washington took him in the second round, and the four year contract difference between first and second round money is several million dollars.  The rumors were not about the superdome incident, but the earlier more serious incidents.

O had to look at everything and I think the timing was important.  If he sits Guice for the bowl, his last game before the draft, it would probably end up costing the guy millions, and I don't think O would have thought that was fair punishment for the offense committed.  Like I say, middle of the season, absolutely sit him a game.

18 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

Call the police and say someone spoke dirty and crudely to you.  You will get laughed at because it is not a “crime” to do so.

Like I said I didn't read what happened at the Super Dome. So apparently Guice did not touch the lady?  This is all over Guice speaking crudely and I'm assuming saying vulgar things to her?  I don't have the time or energy to evaluate all of the stuff floating around.  But is sounds like the "get rid of O now" crowd may have some ammo if they want to try and pull the trigger.  I don't think that's gonna happen though.  I'm all for what's best for LSU.  And I realize that is subjective.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

and you know this how?

Scott is on record saying she never asked for money. 
Segar is on tape stating that Scott never asked for money. 

Verge is on tape pretty much calling the dude out on his didley-poo. 

I would say odds weigh very heavily on him being someone taking advantage of an old lady’s trust to try to score a payday. 

and?

because no (non lawyer, non family me ever) schmuck would ever possibly take advantage of the situation would they?

this dude is probably the shadiest character in the whole deal. 

and that’s a deal that includes:

• an associate AD that intentionally deleted incriminating text messages tied to a Title IX inquiry
  • a head coach that once literally tried to poach kids directly from a school dealing with Katrina aftermath
  • a player with multiple serious sexual issues

and this cat claiming to be an AAU rep for Nike takes the cake.

Verge sniffed him out and called him on it.

want to know what else gives it away?
Guice didn’t sit. LSU didn’t pay. She didn’t go to press.

Translation: this dude was completely full of shyte.

This is just not correct.  LSU has the tape of Ms. Scott informing them that Cleavon Williams and her grandson Wendell Johnson are representing her.  She doesn't request any money, she has Williams do it for her.  The tape recording is at the link below, first message.

https://www.wbrz.com/videos/lsu-releases-3-voicemails-from-derrius-guice-accuser-gloria-scott

Then here is the text of the message Williams sent to LSU, and it is clear he has consulted with the family and they are trying to shake LSU down.

FRIDAY, DEC 22 11:35 A.M.

CLEAVON WILLIAMS: HELLO; AS PER MR. VERGE REQUEST; I HAVE CONTACTED MS. GLORIA AND REQUESTED HER $ AMOUNT. SHE ASKED ME TO SPEAK WITH HER GRANDSON (MR. WENDELL JOHNSON)I FINALLY MET WITH THE GRANDSON ON LAST NIGHT. I REQUESTED A $ AMOUNT. THE GRANDSON STATED THAT DUE TO: PUBLIC EMBARRASSMENT & SEXUAL HARASSMENT THE FAMILY IS REQUESTING $100K COMPENSATION FOR THEIR GRANDMOTHER. HE STATED THAT MS. GLORIA IS EMOTIONALLY DISTRAUGHT, CRIES UPON BED TIME AND HAS MENTAL ANGUISH. HE ALSO REQUESTED THAT I FORWARD A COPY OF THE SUPERDOME REPORT TO YOU GUYS. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT DIRECTION YOU GUYS WOULD LIKE ME TO INFORM

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, houtiger said:

This is just not correct.  LSU has the tape of Ms. Scott informing them that Cleavon Williams and her grandson Wendell Johnson are representing her.  She doesn't request any money, she has Williams do it for her.  The tape recording is at the link below, first message.

https://www.wbrz.com/videos/lsu-releases-3-voicemails-from-derrius-guice-accuser-gloria-scott

Then here is the text of the message Williams sent to LSU, and it is clear he has consulted with the family and they are trying to shake LSU down.

FRIDAY, DEC 22 11:35 A.M.

CLEAVON WILLIAMS: HELLO; AS PER MR. VERGE REQUEST; I HAVE CONTACTED MS. GLORIA AND REQUESTED HER $ AMOUNT. SHE ASKED ME TO SPEAK WITH HER GRANDSON (MR. WENDELL JOHNSON)I FINALLY MET WITH THE GRANDSON ON LAST NIGHT. I REQUESTED A $ AMOUNT. THE GRANDSON STATED THAT DUE TO: PUBLIC EMBARRASSMENT & SEXUAL HARASSMENT THE FAMILY IS REQUESTING $100K COMPENSATION FOR THEIR GRANDMOTHER. HE STATED THAT MS. GLORIA IS EMOTIONALLY DISTRAUGHT, CRIES UPON BED TIME AND HAS MENTAL ANGUISH. HE ALSO REQUESTED THAT I FORWARD A COPY OF THE SUPERDOME REPORT TO YOU GUYS. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT DIRECTION YOU GUYS WOULD LIKE ME TO INFORM

im not saying he wasn’t representing her. 

im saying he took advantage of the situation and tried to skim the money  on his own and not through her own direction.

Every single word attributed to her is saying she wants to punish Guice. Not LSU. Guice.  Her issue was with him and not the school. She didn’t want money, she wanted the dirty little bastard to be penalized.

What’s easier to believe:

A dipshit being a con artist and trying to swindle a lil extra cash on his own?

or 

Every word of testimony under oath, every recorded word, every witness statement all being incorrect and this dude being the only moral beacon telling the truth.

I know which one i’m choosing. 

1 hour ago, Hatchertiger said:

Like I said I didn't read what happened at the Super Dome. So apparently Guice did not touch the lady?  This is all over Guice speaking crudely and I'm assuming saying vulgar things to her?  I don't have the time or energy to evaluate all of the stuff floating around.  But is sounds like the "get rid of O now" crowd may have some ammo if they want to try and pull the trigger.  I don't think that's gonna happen though.  I'm all for what's best for LSU.  And I realize that is subjective.

as per all reports, he never touched her. 

grabbed himself and was all around a vulgar piece of shyte. 

1 hour ago, houtiger said:

If this had happened in the middle of the season, I would have sat him for a game.

The timing is important to me, and probably was to O also.

It was Guice's last game, I'm sure he was no longer a student at LSU as the fall semester had ended before the bowl game was played on Jan. 1.

If you sit Guice for his last game before he goes into the draft, a drop of a round in the draft can cost him a million dollars or more, real quick.

So because it was his last game, he gets no penalty?

Are you serious? 
just "ehh, fornicate it! we'll let him slide on this one"

Man I hope you're in charge of sentencing if ever I'm in trouble.

O had to look at everything and I think the timing was important.  If he sits Guice for the bowl, his last game before the draft, it would probably end up costing the guy millions, and I don't think O would have thought that was fair punishment for the offense committed.  Like I say, middle of the season, absolutely sit him a game.

That's fine. 
But now it's public and O has to answer the question:
"What was Guice's penalty"

and depending on the answer to that question, he has to answer the follow up question:
"What was his penalty so light?"

LSU and O both know his answers probably aren't going to be good enough.  Which is most likely why he won't be attending the senate committee meeting and rather sending in a written response (can't ask a letter any follow up questions).

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_070ecfa4-9652-11eb-9572-4f04244975cc.html

LSU head football coach Ed Orgeron is expected to send a letter instead of testifying live Thursday before the Legislature's Senate Select Committee on Women and Children.

The request to hear from Orgeron directly came after the recent testimony of Gloria Scott, a Mercedes-Benz Superdome security employee, who said she was sexually harassed by then-star running back Derrius Guice. Scott said Orgeron tried to defuse the incident by calling her and asking her to forgive Guice.

Letters sent to the committee are still technically testimony, but it is more common for LSU officials to appear in person when requested.

2 hours ago, houtiger said:

And there is Ms Scott's words:

Scott told The Advocate | The Times-Picayune that she never authorized the man, New Orleans youth basketball coach Cleavon Williams, to ask LSU for money over the Guice incident. Scott said she asked Williams for his help because she wanted to report that Guice had sexually harassed her, and she wanted him barred from playing in the 2018 Citrus Bowl.

Scott says Williams made that request without her permission, 

but of course there is NO WAY a shady ass AAU coach (all AAU coaches are shady. It's pretty much a requirement to run in that circle) would possibly do something like that, right?

48 minutes ago, LSUDad said:

oof

Attorneys for Lewis said they plan to file a federal Title IX lawsuit, a state whistleblower lawsuit, an Equal Employment Opportunity grievance and a civil lawsuit under the federal RICO statute, which is used to dismantle organized crime rings. 

might be time to burn the whole thing to the ground and start over.

• Like 1

Senate Committee now pretty much demanding O show up in person rather than send written statement.

https://www.wbrz.com/news/state-lawmakers-double-down-demand-in-person-testimony-from-coach-ed-orgeron

BATON ROUGE - Legislators who requested that Ed Orgeron testify to a Senate committee this week are demanding the LSU football coach appear in person.

State Senator Regina Barrow, chair of the Senate Select Committee on Women and Children, said lawmakers had been allowing written testimony over the past year due to COVID, and the notice sent to Orgeron last week reflected that. However, Barrow told WBRZ that she emailed Orgeron on Monday clarifying that lawmakers always intended for him to appear in-person before the committee. 

23 minutes ago, LSUDad said:

sorry, but i gotta call didley-poo on this line:

Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 3.43.05 PM.png

So your stud player is accused of something and you don't even ask any details?

Not only did you not ask for details, but you then picked up the phone blind as a bat about specifics and made a phone call about it?

no way. 

3 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

And there is Ms Scott's words:

but of course there is NO WAY a shady ass AAU coach (all AAU coaches are shady. It's pretty much a requirement to run in that circle) would possibly do something like that, right?

Ms. Scott informed LSU by voice message, specifically, that Williams and Johnson were her representatives in the issue, no attorney.  Johnson told Williams that "the family is requesting $100K", and Williams told that to LSU.  If you think that Gloria Scott did not know what her grandson was saying to Williams, I have some waterfront property in AZ to sell you.  Karen Cypher did not make her demands to Rick Pittano back in the day, she got someone else to do it for her, but Cypher was convicted of blackmail and spent time in the slammer.  Is it POSSIBLE that Ms. Scott did not know what her designated negotiators (and one is her grandson) were requesting?  It's possible, but in the real world, I would put that at about 99 times out of 100 she knew, and 1 time out of 100 they were operating on their own.

As for Ms. Scott saying she didn't want money, any smart blackmailer will say things they think will shield them from later prosecution.  Why was Ms. Scott so intent that Guice had to be suspended, instead of an apology?  An LSU police had read the incident report and told Segar that in his opinion, no crime had been committed.  If all she wanted was an apology, then the incident could not possibly be worth 100K.  Could Ms. Scott have held out for suspension from the game, in order to make the stakes high enough so that LSU would be incented to pay her $100K?  That is more probable, IMO. 

If Williams was the snake you say he was, all I can say is snakes tend to hang out together.  I don't believe Ms. Scott is faultless in the negotiation over money with LSU.

3 minutes ago, houtiger said:

Ms. Scott informed LSU by voice message, specifically, that Williams and Johnson were her representatives in the issue, no attorney.  Johnson told Williams that "the family is requesting $100K", and Williams told that to LSU.  If you think that Gloria Scott did not know what her grandson was saying to Williams, I have some waterfront property in AZ to sell you.  Karen Cypher did not make her demands to Rick Pittano back in the day, she got someone else to do it for her, but Cypher was convicted of blackmail and spent time in the slammer.  Is it POSSIBLE that Ms. Scott did not know what her designated negotiators (and one is her grandson) were requesting?  It's possible, but in the real world, I would put that at about 99 times out of 100 she knew, and 1 time out of 100 they were operating on their own.

As for Ms. Scott saying she didn't want money, any smart blackmailer will say things they think will shield them from later prosecution.  Why was Ms. Scott so intent that Guice had to be suspended, instead of an apology?  An LSU police had read the incident report and told Segar that in his opinion, no crime had been committed.  If all she wanted was an apology, then the incident could not possibly be worth 100K.  Could Ms. Scott have held out for suspension from the game, in order to make the stakes high enough so that LSU would be incented to pay her $100K?  That is more probable, IMO. 

If Williams was the snake you say he was, all I can say is snakes tend to hang out together.  I don't believe Ms. Scott is faultless in the negotiation over money with LSU.

again .... WILLIAMS SAID. 

everything hinges on what WILLIAMS SAID. 

not Scott. not Johnson. not Verge. Not Segar. 

WILLIAMS. 

so basically your entire premise is based entirely off of what WILLIAMS SAID. 

there is not a single recorded account anywhere of anyone other than WILLIAMS saying it. 

Williams. A guy that coaches in AAU. an organization that is absolutely notorious for shady money deals under the table. 

yep, that’s the guy i’m gonna believe.   
that’s basically the definition of “oceanfront property”

Just now, Nutriaitch said:

again .... WILLIAMS SAID. 

everything hinges on what WILLIAMS SAID. 

not Scott. not Johnson. not Verge. Not Segar. 

WILLIAMS. 

so basically your entire premise is based entirely off of what WILLIAMS SAID. 

there is not a single recorded account anywhere of anyone other than WILLIAMS saying it. 

Williams. A guy that coaches in AAU. an organization that is absolutely notorious for shady money deals under the table. 

yep, that’s the guy i’m gonna believe.   
that’s basically the definition of “oceanfront property”

If the deal is as simple as, I demand Guice be suspended from the bowl game, then Gloria Scott does not NEED anyone else to speak for her, nobody.  LSU will say yes or no.  LSU evidently said Guice has agreed to personally apologize.

This is a pretty simple situation.  LSU is saying, this is what we offer, personal apology from Guice, or nothing. 

What would Williams and her grandson offer beyond what Gloria did herself?  If she is not interested in money, the incident is over.

It is a simple deal.  Why would she tell LSU that now Williams and Johnson are talking for her?  What did she want to achieve?

1 minute ago, houtiger said:

If the deal is as simple as, I demand Guice be suspended from the bowl game, then Gloria Scott does not NEED anyone else to speak for her, nobody.  LSU will say yes or no.  LSU evidently said Guice has agreed to personally apologize.

This is a pretty simple situation.  LSU is saying, this is what we offer, personal apology from Guice, or nothing. 

What would Williams and her grandson offer beyond what Gloria did herself?  If she is not interested in money, the incident is over.

It is a simple deal.  Why would she tell LSU that now Williams and Johnson are talking for her?  What did she want to achieve?

yeah, it is pretty simple.  she has said MULTIPLE times (even under oath), that she felt she was being ignored by LSU.  that's why you bring in someone else.

so Williams who describes himself as a guy with "connections with NIKE" comes along (i personally do not know how they know each other, etc.) and offers to talk to them for her. maybe use his "stroke" with NIKE to help out.

and the NIKE line is what tipped Verge off that ole boy was completely full of shyte.
dude made the classic mistake of over playing his hand.

because if Ms. Scott was truly after that money, why did the request stop after that phone call?
just changed her mind that day?

or is it more likely she had no clue the con-artist asked for it.  He got called out on it, and he dropped it thinking no-one else would ever know?

15 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

yeah, it is pretty simple.  she has said MULTIPLE times (even under oath), that she felt she was being ignored by LSU.  that's why you bring in someone else.

so Williams who describes himself as a guy with "connections with NIKE" comes along (i personally do not know how they know each other, etc.) and offers to talk to them for her. maybe use his "stroke" with NIKE to help out.

and the NIKE line is what tipped Verge off that ole boy was completely full of shyte.
dude made the classic mistake of over playing his hand.

because if Ms. Scott was truly after that money, why did the request stop after that phone call?
just changed her mind that day?

or is it more likely she had no clue the con-artist asked for it.  He got called out on it, and he dropped it thinking no-one else would ever know?

The phone calls did not stop after Williams attempted the shakedown.  Gloria called at least two more times after she informed LSU that Williams was representing her.

In those calls, she is threatening LSU, if you don't return my calls, I will follow through on going to the news media and filing charges against Guice, neither of which she did after LSU stopped returning her calls.

She said if Guice played she would go to the media and file a charge against him.  She did neither.  I guess it didn't mean that much to her to call a TV station or the police.

Williams never said to LSU he had connections to Nike.  He did not attempt to use any "stroke" with LSU.  He just said Gloria wanted $100K.  Gloria was calling LSU threatening to go to the media and file a charge against Guice.

From Williams: " I HAVE CONTACTED MS. GLORIA AND REQUESTED HER $ AMOUNT. SHE ASKED ME TO SPEAK WITH HER GRANDSON (MR. WENDELL JOHNSON)I FINALLY MET WITH THE GRANDSON ON LAST NIGHT. I REQUESTED A $ AMOUNT. THE GRANDSON STATED THAT DUE TO: PUBLIC EMBARRASSMENT & SEXUAL HARASSMENT THE FAMILY IS REQUESTING $100K COMPENSATION FOR THEIR GRANDMOTHER. "

Now Williams clearly states he asked Gloria what was her $ amount, and Gloria has clearly told LSU that Williams now speaks for her.  It is clear that Gloria is in on the deal.  When it did not come through, Gloria neither went to the media nor police.  She didn't care that much.

If Gloria didn't want to go after money, all of the deal was on the table and LSU did not suspend Guice for the game.  It was apology, or nothing.  Then Gloria sic'ed Williams on LSU to raise the stakes and try to get some money out of the deal.  She's not clean.  Derrius is not clean, if fact, there are no clean players in this deal.

And at the end of the day, if it was just this incident, it is a relatively minor incident in the grand scheme of things. 

The meat of the problem has to do with the longstanding failure of LSU to properly handle multiple incidents, all much more serious than the Gloria Scott incident.  Incidents like rape, assault, and creation of a hostile work environment for Sharon Lewis.  If there is anything worth discussing, it is those incidents.

10 minutes ago, LSUDad said:

It sounds like she has a case, and it will probably cost LSU dearly.  Ausberry and Segar should have been fired long ago, that they are still working for LSU after all that has come out publicly is a disgrace for LSU.  It sounds like the LSU administration does not get it yet.  Maybe the Lewis lawsuit will bang a little sense into their heads.  Does LSU dare let this go to court and have the legal system impose a sentence, or do they settle out of court?  I bet they settle.  Would she take 20 million?  10 million?  It's going to be an expensive lesson, IMO.  LSU needs to clean out their HR dept. because Lewis complained to them and they did nothing.

The phone calls did not stop after Williams attempted the shakedown.  Gloria called at least two more times after she informed LSU that Williams was representing her.

In those calls, she is threatening LSU, if you don't return my calls, I will follow through on going to the news media and filing charges against Guice, neither of which she did after LSU stopped returning her calls.

She said if Guice played she would go to the media and file a charge against him.  She did neither.  I guess it didn't mean that much to her to call a TV station or the police.

Williams never said to LSU he had connections to Nike.  He did not attempt to use any "stroke" with LSU.  He just said Gloria wanted $100K.  Gloria was calling LSU threatening to go to the media and file a charge against Guice.

From Williams: " I HAVE CONTACTED MS. GLORIA AND REQUESTED HER $ AMOUNT. SHE ASKED ME TO SPEAK WITH HER GRANDSON (MR. WENDELL JOHNSON)I FINALLY MET WITH THE GRANDSON ON LAST NIGHT. I REQUESTED A $ AMOUNT. THE GRANDSON STATED THAT DUE TO: PUBLIC EMBARRASSMENT & SEXUAL HARASSMENT THE FAMILY IS REQUESTING $100K COMPENSATION FOR THEIR GRANDMOTHER. "

Now Williams clearly states he asked Gloria what was her $ amount, and Gloria has clearly told LSU that Williams now speaks for her.  It is clear that Gloria is in on the deal.  When it did not come through, Gloria neither went to the media nor police.  She didn't care that much.

If Gloria didn't want to go after money, all of the deal was on the table and LSU did not suspend Guice for the game.  It was apology, or nothing.  Then Gloria sic'ed Williams on LSU to raise the stakes and try to get some money out of the deal.  She's not clean.  Derrius is not clean, if fact, there are no clean players in this deal.

And at the end of the day, if it was just this incident, it is a relatively minor incident in the grand scheme of things. 

The meat of the problem has to do with the longstanding failure of LSU to properly handle multiple incidents, all much more serious than the Gloria Scott incident.  Incidents like rape, assault, and creation of a hostile work environment for Sharon Lewis.  If there is anything worth discussing, it is those incidents.

let me know when you have a quote that came out of someone other than Williams’ mouth. 

53 minutes ago, houtiger said:

It sounds like she has a case, and it will probably cost LSU dearly.  Ausberry and Segar should have been fired long ago, that they are still working for LSU after all that has come out publicly is a disgrace for LSU.  It sounds like the LSU administration does not get it yet.  Maybe the Lewis lawsuit will bang a little sense into their heads.  Does LSU dare let this go to court and have the legal system impose a sentence, or do they settle out of court?  I bet they settle.  Would she take 20 million?  10 million?  It's going to be an expensive lesson, IMO.  LSU needs to clean out their HR dept. because Lewis complained to them and they did nothing.

Rumor is Verge is still hanging on due to good ole Louisiana politics. 

A. Verge is (i think) the highest ranking black man in Athletic department. 

B. a former player here

C. maybe most important married into the Morial family.