Gameday Tigers

SEC standings / National Projections (Updating Weekly)

Nutriaitch

Good news is A&M has a much tougher remaining schedule than we do. 

Bad news is our remaining schedule is still brutal. 

I don’t see us finishing above .500 in conference play. And probably don’t clinch a spot in tourney until final weekend.  

right now there is a VERY distinct possibility of missing the postseason all together. 

I think Auburn has most likely locked down last place and will finish somewhere around 6-24 in conference.

so that leaves a legit battle for the last spot in the Tourney.
Looking at future schedules, i think it's a 3 way fight.

UGA will likely be the 9 seed at 12-17 (.413)
Mizzou the 10 seed at 12-18 (.400)

Bama likely finishes at about 11-19 (.366) and should be no lower than 12th.

if LSU can win a minimum of 2 games total over next 3 weeks, then take 2 each from Bama, Auburn, and A&M that'll get us to 11-19 with tie breaker over Bama for the 11.
A&M finishing at 9-21 would be 1st one out at 13th.

so my gut finish :

9. UGA 12-17 (.413)
10. Mizzou 12-18 (.400)
11. LSU 11-19 (.366)
12. Alabama 11-19 (.366)
13. A&M 9-21  (.300)
14. Auburn 6-24 (.200)

We'll check this thread on May 22 to see how i did in my picks.

2011 is the last full season we didn't make a regional and our conference records was 13-17.  We have 18 conference games left and we are currently 3 and 9.  I have no idea but what if the magic number is 14 conference wins to get in? We would need to go 11-7 down the stretch.  I just don't know. It might come down to having to sweep Bama, Auburn and A&M in the last 3 series of the season w/ 2 of those on the road.  Looks like the hitting may be coming around but b/c of pitching we have almost no margin for error on Friday and Saturday and who knows on Sunday. Not looking good.

***Hang Down Your Head Tom Dooley playing in the background***

giphy.gif

Edited by Hatchertiger

and let’s be honest, we don’t have the arms to make a run in either Tournament. 

Bats are hit and miss (mostly miss against good pitching). 

Who do we have after Marceaux? Labas is the epitome of decent, but not really a stud. 

Money, Edwards, Hellmers can probably log enough inning to combine for a full game. 

then what?  

Just like every other season since seemingly Woodstock, we got nothing worth mentioning for middle relief. 

Except this year we doubled down and don’t have a reliable closer either. 

It would seem AD hasnt been what we need except for more pitcher injuries.....

word from a close friend of the Nola’s is daddy nola wouldnt let AD ‘touch’/mess with Aaron... given recent history of our pitching I can’t say that I blame them

On 4/12/2021 at 9:08 PM, Nutriaitch said:

i hate to be “that guy”, but it’s time for a change. 

this is the worst LSU baseball team since the Nixon administration. 

I often say, most coaches have a shelf life. The expiration date has hit! 

After flirting with Texas b/c he felt "unappreciated" and "unwanted"  (his words) from LSU, PM got an extension through 2024. Not sure what the buyout  would be if we send him packing.

The situation left him questioning how much his presence was desired at LSU.

“In some ways, you feel a little bit sometimes unappreciated,” he said. “And maybe, at some point, maybe you feel unwanted. So I thought, ‘Well, why not listen to what they say, and see truly what the people you’re working for think of you?’ ”

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_d4732cc0-deae-11e6-8f11-ff4cb8e6626b.html

Edited by Hatchertiger

36 minutes ago, Hatchertiger said:

After flirting with Texas b/c he felt "unappreciated" and "unwanted"  (his words) from LSU, PM got an extension through 2024. Not sure what the buyout  would be if we send him packing.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_d4732cc0-deae-11e6-8f11-ff4cb8e6626b.html

if we wait until June, we owe him $3.375 mil. 

before then a prorated amount slightly above that number. 

Basically Alleva gave him a fully guaranteed contract. 

30 minutes ago, Hatchertiger said:

We'll have to see how the rest of the season plays out I guess.  My gut tells me they won't fire him b/c we have a young team.  Who knows.

this is our worst start to conference play since before Woodstock happened. 

no excuses for that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hatchertiger said:

Oh no, I'm not making excuses. Not a big fan of CPM.  Friend's son played for him and doesn't have good things to say.

I went from defending him, to merely accepting him, to not caring if he stayed or went, to really wanting him to just not be here any more.

We are now 4-11 in the SEC with five series to go against Ole Miss (9-6), Arkansas (11-4), Alabama (7-8), Auburn (4-11) and A&M (2-14).  So if 15 wins is the magic number to get in the tourney we have to go 11-4 to finish the season.  We will have to play "lights out" to get there.  This team has the talent can't seam to put it all together or catch any breaks. Long row to hoe for sure!!!

long%2Brow%2Bto%2Bhoe%2B(Copy).JPG&f=1&n

Gonna be tough to repeat "the run" from 2008 or come close to it but technically still possible.  As of April 20th, 2008, LSU was 6-11-1. Beginning on April 22 with a  mid-week game against Toolame, the Tigers won 16 regular season games in a row, 12 of them SEC games sweeping 4 teams namely USCe, Ky, Moo St and Auburn.  As tournament champions the 2008 team added four wins in the SEC tournament.  You will note that the first SEC team in that run was none other than South Carolina who at the  time was a top 10 team.  After winning the first game this weekend (Thursday) and going into the 7th of the second game with a 2-0 lead, it did occur that maybe, just maybe ... but it was not to be.

• Nutriaitch changed the title to SEC standings (Updating Weekly)

We are roughly a game ahead of where i think we need to be to get to Hoover, but that loss Saturday STINGS.

could be two games ahead which would have us playing with House money against Arky this weekend. With the added bonus of possibly not HAVING to win the last 3 weekends of the year.