Gameday Tigers

What Happened to Middle Ground?

Fishhead

Grey areas? 

When did it become impossible for two things to be true at the same time?

When did one extreme or the other become the only possible options? 

That's the case now in politics and social issues across the board. 

George Floyd was a POS, a junkie who responded ridiculously with the initial commands. 

Chauvin shouldn't have kept his knee on his neck even after his own co-worker told him he couldn't find a pulse. 

Both of those things are true from what I can tell, and I've seen the whole thing on video from start to finish multiple times. 

Both things are true. 

It's also my stance that Chauvin was guilty as charged AND that I support police. Maybe 2-3% are bad cops, and Chauvin was one of them. I support the 97-98% that are good.

I could make this a book if we got into politics but I'll refrain by keeping it short...

Rs and Ds are dirty. Both things can be true. 

• Like 1

slightly off intended topic, but my question is how can he be guilty of all 3 charges for the same crime?

i’m reasonably certain in Louisiana the same death cannot be legally classified 3 different ways. 
It’s either one of or none of the 3. But never multiple. 

(my last Criminal Justice class was well over 20 years ago now, so i may not be correct on this one)  

• Like 1

I had to sit thru a virtual class last week to be told that when i say i dont see skin color, that is wrong.  i am supposed to see their skin color and acknowledge it.  I am thinking, why do i have to see color and potentially introduce a stereotype or prejudice that you scream everyone sees?  I am trying not be like that.  Think of how kids are - they dont see color.  Why are we teaching them to see it?

I was pissed in that class

Edited by dachsie
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...