Gameday Tigers

LSU @ Ole Miss (Game 3 - 2021)

Nutriaitch

One more against the Land Rebel Shark Bears!  Noon today at Patrick Swayze Field

Audio / Video:
Same as last night, with 98.1 FM carrying the radio call. Can also be heard for free on the LSUSports app.
And video fed is once again online only through the SECNetwork+

Weather:
63° and climbing under partly cloudy skies.  Winds heading out toward power alley in Left Center at about 8 mph and gusting way the hell up there to 15 mph.

Pitchers:
LSU – Fr. RH Will Hellmers (6-1, 3.1o ERA, 29.0 IP, 9 BB, 30 SO)
UM – So. RH Drew McDaniel (4-0, 2.97 ERA, 36.1 IP, 12 BB, 42 SO)

In my view the way this game turned out confirms a point I made in another thread, we really have only 2 pitchers who can consistently be counted on.  The way the pitching was handled in this game underscores how little confidence the coaches have for any of our pitchers other than Marceaux and Labas.   For pride, recruiting etc. I hope we make the tourney, however, unless we develop some pitching in this stretch run, I don't think we will make much of a showing.  You should win every game where you bring an 8 run lead into the 8th.  Winning this series against #12 on the road should have been a huge confidence builder for the team.  My worry is that with the way the third game was lost, all the positive energy from the weekend will be lost as well. Oh and we have #1 coming to BR this weekend.

1 hour ago, Hatchertiger said:

The way the pitching was handled in this game underscores how little confidence the coaches have for any of our pitchers other than Marceaux and Labas.   

no, the way it was handled was a travesty.

Coleman hadn't pitched more than 2 innings since LaTech opening weekend.  
The moment you ask him to go into his 3rd, you need to have someone ready.

Edwards probably should have been given the 8th with a clean slate in reality.
and have Millas or Fowler ready to go from there.