Gameday Tigers

Hell No!

Eq4bits

Been thinking about this Pat Casey thing.  Even if you take the issue with pitcher out of the equation, he is certainly qualified but I'm not convinced he is "the guy" b/c of his age and he already retired 3 years ago in 2018.  He's 62, only 2 years younger than CPM.  How much longer can he row the boat especially when you consider what he said about why he was retiring:

“My problem is, what I expect from my players on the field I expect out of myself,” Casey said during an emotional news conference in Corvallis on Thursday. “Right now I’m not positive that I can give that same effort that I expect of them, I’m not sure I can. But I will never put the uniform on unless I do it with that same passion I expect of them.”

https://apnews.com/article/de17cee3c9d84e0e98b87154b17b7a8c

Basically sounds like burn out.  What is motivating him to return to coaching? Money? Don't know. If we hire him how long before he is burnt out again?  Despite all the smoke, I just don't see us hiring this guy.  It would be a PR nightmare for LSU .

48 minutes ago, Hatchertiger said:

I'm not saying we should hire Vitello but how cool would it be to beat TN in the super regional and then steal their coach!!!

i wouldn’t hate that hire. 

i don’t think he’s on top of my list, but definitely not going to be upset if it’s him. 

1 hour ago, Hatchertiger said:

TN is starving for success really in any men's sport, although they've had some success in basketball and per former football HC Butch Jones are champions of life.

don’t care. 

just as recent as in my day, we smoked people for well less than that. 

not much before my time they went for the head instead of the ribs. Nolan Ryan called it “giving a bow tie”.