Gameday Tigers

LSU vs Tennessee (2021 Super Regionals - Game 2)

Nutriaitch

win or die

Elimination game today 2:00pm from Leslie Neilson stadium 

Audio / Video:
98.1 FM once again with the radio call, and as always free on LSUSports app
ESPN2 carrying the National TV feed, but also can be streamed on the ESPN app

Weather:
gonna be a HOT one. 90° at first pitch under very clear skies (field turf radiates heat, so will feel a LOT hotter). Winds blowing out of the bandbox toward center at 5 mph with a gust or two slightly higher.

Pitchers:
LSU – Jr. RH Landon Marceaux (7-6, 2.44 ERA, 99.2 IP, 25 BB, 112 SO)
UT – ?  ?  ?

Other boards, one in particular, is raking Paul over the coals.  We went as far as the SEC Champ & the #1 ranked team in the country.  The #1 thing I like about Paul is he led the team with class & dignity.  Never any danger of the SEC and/or the NCAA looking into violations.  Enjoy your retirement Coach.

1 hour ago, COTiger said:

Other boards, one in particular, is raking Paul over the coals.  We went as far as the SEC Champ & the #1 ranked team in the country.  The #1 thing I like about Paul is he led the team with class & dignity.  Never any danger of the SEC and/or the NCAA looking into violations.  Enjoy your retirement Coach.

Im not going to rake him because it’s over and bitching doesn’t fix anything. 

But honestly, he cost us this series. 
it was winnable. 

42 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

we're most likely playing today with just those 2 changes

also note:
a win Saturday completely changes how you manage the Sunday game.

we most likely going into a game 3 with Labas, Hellmers*, Fowler, Fontenot ready to go

*Hellmers may have still been used as a follow up to Edwards injury on Sunday. Tough to see how they would have responded if not in a do or die situation*

12 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

Pulled Hilliard too early saturday night. didn't PH for Beloso in the 9th.

we're most likely playing today with just those 2 changes

So what your reaction be if he left Hilliard in the game and he PH for Beloso and we still lost the game?

1 minute ago, COTiger said:

So what your reaction be if he left Hilliard in the game and he PH for Beloso and we still lost the game?

then we in same spot we are now. 
which is why i won’t rake him over the coals like others do. 

would my idea definitely work? no guarantees. 
but before Coleman trotted out in 6th i told the group chat that Hilliard was way ahead of schedule and should go another inning. 

Me specially considering all season long, the knock on this team has been lack of bullpen arms. 
so why go to the bullpen earlier than you need to?

im not going to question the pulling of Marceaux, because that appeared to be a mutual decision with Mainieri, Dunn, and Marceaux. 

I also wouldn't have pulled Hilliard.  But I write that from the comfort of my recliner.

I think Paul got as much out of this team as anyone could have and we advanced further than I expected.  Time to move on and see what a new coach can do.

• Like 1