Gameday Tigers

2021 This Is LSU Football!

LSUDad

1 hour ago, houtiger said:

Eric Andolsek ?

Back when Phil Bennett was the Head Coach at SMU, I flew up to Dallas for their Spring Game. One night the staff and I went out to eat. Meeting us was a guy named Bert Hill. Bert had been with the Detroit Lions for a number of years. Our conversation made over to Eric, there was no doubt that he would  have made it into the NFL HOF. A sad ending to such a great player. 

The most fun as the night was ending, one of the coaches told me, “Watch This!” When the little girl came around, my friend threw his credit card on the table, told the girl, “I got the tab!” Then it started, a fight almost broke out as to who was going to have the honor of paying for the tab. 

After another Spring Game, at another college, the coaches, wives, girlfriends, etc. at a restaurant, the food and liquor was flowing. After I wanted to pay some, but my friend said of another coach,  “He got the tab, he’s making $800k a year now!” 

One of my coaching buddies told me, he was a little too early in the profession. Look at what they are paying now. 

Edited by LSUDad
  • Like 1