Gameday Tigers

Whole House Generator.

LSUDad

I’m looking into a Whole House Generator. Meeting with a friend tomorrow, going to see his setup, decide what and how I want to do this. 
Just been getting a little information together. Don’t want to get caught in the cold, or heat. Looking at a Tri-Fuel Unit. 

Keep us updated, I am thinking about one also.  I have natural gas so if I go that route, I don't have to worry about storing fuel, or if the gas stations have electricity, or fuel.  My brother in law has a small generator, but he said it burns a gallon of gas per hour, so keeping it fueled is a problem.

2 hours ago, houtiger said:

Keep us updated, I am thinking about one also.  I have natural gas so if I go that route, I don't have to worry about storing fuel, or if the gas stations have electricity, or fuel.  My brother in law has a small generator, but he said it burns a gallon of gas per hour, so keeping it fueled is a problem.

Will be in Bridgeland for 3 today, if you want in, let me know. 

8 hours ago, houtiger said:

These Tri-Fuel, Gasoline, Propane and Natural Gas. 

86A22A7C-7025-4C3A-A669-CB24C1A6BF0C.thumb.png.180fe693401774c6afe42608ce3698bd.png

It says Duel Fuel, but my friend ran it on NG and Propane today, the process was effortless. The cost was a lot less than what I would have thought. 
This unit will run everything in my home. Two A/C’s, a 3 1/2 and Two Ton unit. Plus two Refrigerators a Tankless Water Heater. The entire setup is around $3,000. There is some labor involved, I have a plumber (For the NG piping, an electrician for the 50 Amp service. A few other things I want to set up. But all in all, this is a very good setup. For something that might be needed, once or twice a year, for a short period of time. 

Some of the folks in La, having NG problems, low pressure, shutting down some units. My friend has a few propane tanks, making it easy to transfer fuel needed. Gasoline is another option, I know in La, gas is a problem. No matter what, we look to have something come up. 

A loss of power, a freezer and refrigerator full of food going bad, can add up quickly. 

My friend today, we tailgated at LSU for years, he had keys to walk-in coolers on campus. Allowing us to store kegs of beer and food. Plus, the use of restrooms. 
He too, like I, have moved to the Tx area. 

• Like 1