Gameday Tigers

EZ Tag, Texas Toll Roads

LSUDad

I use these roads in Texas all too often, I remember when the Sunshine Bridge was a toll. I’m looking at a drive to a stadium tonight, it’s 30 minutes, by toll. Without toll, it adds about 20 minutes, stop lights, traffic, etc. 

If they were to add tolls in La, one to bypass BTR, and say one for over the Mississippi River. Thoughts? 

When going to BTR, I may hit a section of toll, getting out of Houston. I just hate the stop and go traffic. The extra dollars or so, I’d rather pay.

To add,  EZ TAG customers can now travel all toll roads throughout the states of Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas! ... Drivers who travel between Texas and Oklahoma no longer have to manage multiple toll accounts, and only one transponder is required.

I thought the Georgia Peach Pass was covered by my EZ Tag, I took it last time, heading to my sisters, just N of Atlanta. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dachsie said:

But the problem with BR is the bridge.  They would need to add a toll bridge to help out that traffic

They built the “new bridge “ in 1968,  more studies have been done over the years, could have built and payed for a bridge. Now, a split before Hwy 415, one bridge goes LSU/NOLA/I-10, the second, Downtown BTR/ I-12. 
Im thinking that’s a simple fix. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LSUDad said:

They built the “new bridge “ in 1968,  more studies have been done over the years, could have built and payed for a bridge. Now, a split before Hwy 415, one bridge goes LSU/NOLA/I-10, the second, Downtown BTR/ I-12. 
Im thinking that’s a simple fix. 

Yea but they would have to take out half of LSU to build it