Gameday Tigers

LSU Tiger Dogs

Fishhead

So far the past two seasons, this team appears "soft".  OL getting blown off the ball by McNeese, safeties getting stiff armed and run over, it's ugly. 

Nootch and I in the podcast have mentioned a few guys as "dogs" out there.  I'm gonna list the players I believe have the most tenacity and toughness and I think it'll expose the holes in this team. 

I'll actually start with Max Johnson.  Has he played well so far?  Not particularly.  But after the beating he took against UCLA, he continued to get up and try again.  Gotta have some dog in him. 

RB: Maybe Kiner?  Remains to be seen, honestly, but he appears to be very aggressive and has shown no hesitation. 

WR: Kayshawn Boutte.  If you wanna acknowledge Jack Bech is really just a WR playing TE, then him too.  Both play fast and fearless and it takes more than an arm to bring em down. 

DL: Maason Smith and J Roy, Guillory possibly too.  Our DEs are pretty tenacious as well.  The DL has a pack of dogs, but the ones listed are alphas.

LB: Nope

CB: Elias Ricks.  May be in competition for THE alpha dog, but not there yet.  I'll give credit to McGlothern but he's still at the vet so we'll see how he looks when he's good to go.  Sting has some dog tendencies but doesn't display them consistently.  To be fair, Flott at nickel ain't scared.  I'll give him a collar.

S: I mean Jay Ward, but he's a chihuahua.   I actually wouldn't hate seeing McGlothern moved to S as long as Sting and Ricks stay healthy.  

And now we get to the ALPHA dog.

Avery. F'ing. Atkins!

Personally at this point I'd let Todd do the punting and Avery give it a shot at safety, his natural position.  (no really, he was a really good HS safety, and it shows)  He's the most tenacious kicker I've ever seen, although sadly, our dreams of him being the first kicker to receive a targeting penalty went out the window last week when USCs kicker did it.  Still, Avery...if he didn't kick off so deep...might lead the team in tackles.  He's a beast and anyone who questions his #18 might consider giving him the damn 7 if he keeps racking up tackles lol.

• Fishhead changed the title to LSU Tiger Dogs