Gameday Tigers

2 Point Conversion w/ Fish and Nootch 2021 ep5

Fishhead

OK men, I'm still catching up from vacation, and the stock market has been wild and consuming time.  So, I just listened to this, and you have done your usual great job.

I have been thinking, WOW, Jack Bech is one great looking freshman.  When they said in camp that he was catching everything thrown around him, they did not lie.  I think they have him playing out of position at TE because they HAVE to get him on the field, and at WR, we have a lot of other talent.  If you put Boutte out there, and Brian Thomas, and Deion Smith, and you got Nabors, but you have to find a spot for Bech.

It's obvious that Kiner is the present and future at RB.  He showed me a lot on a play probably most did not think was that great, and I don't remember, it may have been against Moo U, but it was a simple handoff up the middle.  The hole opened, he hit it, and about 3 defenders hit him after a 2 yard gain, THEM he CARRIED them all and made it an 8 yard gain, second down and 2 to go.  THAT was real man football IMO!  I am going to enjoy watching that young man play for LSU.

Now I want to talk about Jake Peetz.  His game plan against UCLA looked poor.  Things have been getting a little better week by week.  O talked about lack of diversity in the run game, and its getting better.  O is criticized at times for meddling, but is this a case where Peetz needed some constructive criticism and O gave it to him, correctly.  Some of this may be Peetz inexperience as an OC, but maybe O is helping him out.

I like what I see from Daronte Jones.  The defense looks like it is a better scheme and the players usually look like they know what to do.  Yes, there is an occasional bust in the secondary, but I see that at Bama and I see it in the NFL.  You have to have a good batting average, and we are a lot better than last year.

The o-line still does not know who to block at times.  Ingram is a disappointment after his freshman year.  But, if you are not physically whipped and don't know who to block, that can be coached.  I think some improvement can happen this year.

aTm does not look like "all that" this year.  Arky looks vastly improved, their coach said he may not have been the first, or second or third choice for head coach, but he was the right choice.  Never been a head coach before, but he speaks well, I like him.  Bryce Young has made at least one Heisman watch list so far, which is not good for LSU.

I think this will be an interesting season. 

• Like 1