Gameday Tigers

Around the SEC

houtiger

I've watched some of the Bama vs. Ole Miss game and Bama looks like a #1 team.  But, I wonder about some of Ole Miss decisions.  The first is their defensive scheme.  The came out in a 3-2-6 lineup, which I think is their normal scheme.  Bama came out and started running the ball down their throat, and they just kept running it down their throat.  That Bama o-line looks real big.  Bryce Young looks good at QB, but with his o-line he has all day to pick out a receiver and deliver.  They have good receivers, and their tight end is just a big wide receiver.  Offenses keep evolving.

Kiffin decided to go for it on 5 fourth downs in the first half.  He converted the first two, failed on the next 3.  Bama scored after each failed fourth down try.  One came at midfield, gave Bama a TD.  I guess Kiffin thinks they need points and lots of them to be competitive, but he gave up field position.  Maybe he figures Bama can drive 80 yards as easily as they can drive 50 yards, so it does not make a difference.  His players may disagree.