Gameday Tigers

Week 7 thoughts (post FU)

Nutriaitch

Best pregame Flyover i ever saw! no contest.

We finally figured out a blocking scheme that actually works.
JACK MASHBURN?!!? Who are you and where the hell have you been?

Defense was not good, but somehow also made the exact plays we needed when we needed them to make them.

Good crowd. took a while to get them going, but they showed up down the stretch.

TDP ... TDP ... TDP!!!!
At least now we can stop acting like the Guice vs A&M game in '16 didn't happen)

• Like 1

The 4 interceptions were the difference in the game.  You have to play the rest of the game, but the 4 int's made the rest pretty easy.  And yes, that particular blocking on the running play, one side of the line blocking left and the left tackle and guard coming right, with the tight end picking off his man, and TDP running hard.  I think is was on the SEC network, they were laughing at the Fla. DC.  LSU ran the same play 14 times in the game, (a few times to the other side), and as they said, Fla. failed to play it well 14 times.  No adjustment.  I'm happy for TDP and the o-line to get some accolades.  They have gotten a lot of criticism, this begins to make up for it.  I hope they can make up for it some more against OM.

I said earlier in the season, I didn't think the o-line was inferior physically, they at times didn't know who to block (see UCLA game).  It's a shame it took half a season to figure it out.

23 minutes ago, houtiger said:

one side of the line blocking left and the left tackle and guard coming right, with the tight end picking off his man

A simple counter play.  Amazing (ly stupid) it took them this long to attempt it.  

It has everything to do with wanting "the Joe Brady offense".  Um, how about we play to our strengths and call it LSU football??

And yeah, Grantham should've been fired in the third quarter lol.  No attempt at adjustments.  But I guarantee it's because UF had zero reason to think we'd actually run a normal scheme.