Gameday Tigers

Post Arky thoughts

Nutriaitch

had we used this defense the first 8 games of the season, we would likely have at least 2 more wins.

Nussmeier likely wins the Alabama game if we put him in late 4th. He somehow some way makes a play.
But he likely loses the Florida game if he plays in that one. His confidence bites us in the ass and he tosses a bad one.

Nuss has a ton more upside than Max. But in true gunslinger fashion, he's a gamble.
I think it's telling that Max never went back in.  The staff was likely wanting to make this move sooner.

Neither of his pick were terrible reads. but both were terrible passes as far as accuracy.

We rolled Nuss to the LEFT?!!?  So does this mean our playbook is intentionally backwards for our QBs?

Congrats to TDP on another 100 yard game. That's 4 of the last 5 now.

Give Jay Ward #18 next year

• Like 2

One of the things that made Burrow so good was his mental ability to "process the situation".  Wasn't it Maruchi who had some new mind game, and Burrow tested out the fastest on the team to process situations?  To me, Nuss seems to process the situation quicker than Max, and then he knows where to go with the ball.  From that standpoint, right now, he looks better than Max, except for Nuss putting the ball in the wrong place at times.  I think he can learn from his mistakes and improve.  Most freshmen progress year by year and get polished looking by Sr. year.

It was a good game because it was close, but frustrating that we couldn't put it away in the 4th quarter.