Gameday Tigers

Texas A&M Vs LSU

LSUDad

LSU Football vs. Texas A&M Set For Primetime in Tiger Stadium

by Michael Bonnette

BATON ROUGE – LSU’s Nov. 27 football matchup against Texas A&M will kickoff at 6 p.m. CT on ESPN, it was announced Monday by the Southeastern Conference and its network television partners.

Tickets to the final two games of the 2021 regular season are available at LSUtix.net.

SEC Football Network Television Selections
Games on Nov. 25-27, 2021

TIME – GAME, NETWORK

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 25
6:30 p.m. CT – Ole Miss at Mississippi State, ESPN

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 26
2:30 p.m. CT – Missouri at Arkansas, CBS

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 27
11 a.m. CT – Florida State at Florida, ESPN
11 a.m. CT – Georgia at Georgia Tech, ABC
2:30 p.m. CT – Alabama at Auburn, CBS
2:45 p.m. CT – Vanderbilt at Tennessee, SEC Network
6 p.m. CT – Texas A&M at LSU, ESPN
6:30 p.m. CT – Clemson at South Carolina, SEC Network
TBD * – Kentucky at Louisville

* Network and time to be determined after games of November 20

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bag of Donuts

With a flair for kabuki make-up and extravagant costumes, the four New Orleans natives cover songs in a style they have branded as Superpop: Any song popular from any era. In the great tradition of stunning acts, BOD has to be experienced live to fully feel the impact. The universality of their show stems from the idea that everyone likes to have an escape, a release.

Brand new extended BOD video!

“Club Covid” Available for purchase starting October 28th. Just $5!

Come take a peek into our musical oasis as we continue to navigate what is essentially a shutdown of live music. Quite frankly, without gigs our way of life is unsustainable and yet we want to give our audience something to boost their spirits, enjoy an escape and give us an opportunity to support ourselves all at the same time.

We’ve had countless conversations with our musical peers all across the region and it’s the same story each time: Our industry has been decimated. Trying to pinpoint when live music will be back in force is impossible so we are attempting to be creative and navigate these waters with some style!

Your purchase of the video will assist BOD in that goal. We love and appreciate you all. Thank you in advance for your contribution. We look forward to many more years of bringing our award winning entertainment to the masses. If this video is successful, we would love to follow up with a Christmas show complete with holiday music done the BOD way!

Champions Square, Tiger One Village and Walk Ons this Thanksgiving Day/Weekend! It’s NFL and NCAA coupled with BOD for a spectacular holiday weekend you’ll remember for years to come.

First, Thanksgiving afternoon we have the honor of performing before the Saints/Bills matchup at one of the league’s premier venues, Champions Square, for the official New Orleans Saints’ tailgate party prior to the game. The downbeat is at 4:30pm. Forecast calls for perfection: Sunny and 73 degrees in late November!

Saturday, you’ll have two chances to catch us in Baton Rouge for the LSU/Texas A&M contest. Prior to the game we’ll be performing outside Tiger Stadium at Tiger One Village for all the folks ready to throw down. The weather will be what you’d expect for a college football weekend: Partly cloudy and 63 degrees. Showtime is 1:30-4pm. Later that night, following the game, we’ll be closing the night at Walk Ons for a full set. Put cho’ dancin’ shoes on and get ready for a holiday weekend that will have you singing in the aisles for weeks. 

Peace and love to all. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

On 11/25/2021 at 2:05 AM, LSUDad said:

I have a BOD story, when I have more time I’ll post it! 

Ok, my Bag Of Donuts story. LSU was playing in Dallas, I think it was the TCU game. The night before, BOD was playing at a place called Lizard Lounge. A couple of my friends and I drive up. They were parking cars in an open lot, a little slant on the lot. The truck next to us opens it’s door, nails the side of my buddy’s car. We get out, it’s hit so hard. Takes off the paint and puts a dent in the door. We get out, nicely look at the damage, start talking with the guy. He’s been drinking looks like for a while. The truck has his company on the side. A plumber from La. So my buddy said, give me $100, I’ll handle it. The guy doesn’t want to pay, I talk with the more sober guy, he finally gives the $100. I should add, the car was a couple weeks old. So my buddy Lee said, I’m gonna move my car over there, away from this guy. 
We go to the concert, as we are walking back, we see a cop car, but then look, the bumper to Lees car, is on the ground, connected by wires attached to running lights. 
I come up to the guy that parks us, thinking its the drunk from earlier. Nope a new drunk in another truck. 
My other buddy starts to worry, how they gonna get back to BTR, got to get a tow truck, rental car, etc. I ask Lee, if I can get I fixed to drive back to BTR, you ok? Yep. 
So Lees talking with the cops, I walk back to the Lounge, we left when the Donuts left stage. As I’m walking back, I see a guy walking away from the lounge. Nicely dressed. Carrying a small suitcase, I said you’re one of the Donuts right? Yep, I asked if one of his crew had some tools. He walks with me back to the outside stage where they played. Hooked me up with his setup guy. The guy gave me a bag of tools. 
As Lee is finishing I’m talking the bumper off, threw it behind a tree on the lot. Took Lees keys, did a test drive. We good. 

They drove the car back to BTR with no problems, Lee traded in the car for a new SUV. 
I met everyone a few days later at a Coffee shop in BTR, I’m walking in, Lee says, “Here come MacGyver now!”

Yea, I know, I got a million of them! 
Enjoy y’all’s Friday. 

10 hours ago, houtiger said:

They beat Gumps, we were within one play of beating Gumps.  I think it will be a close game.  In Tiger Stadium, I give us a good chance.  The betting line has A&M a 7 pt. favorite.

We better show up with a lot more enthusiasm than we showed last Saturday night.  If we don't it's going to an ugly ass whipping.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, COTiger said:

We better show up with a lot more enthusiasm than we showed last Saturday night.  If we don't it's going to an ugly ass whipping.

Just how high can you get for ULM?  Now A&M, that is a different deal.  I think they will show up more invigorated.  It's the coaching staff's last game for most of them, and the players like at least some of the coaches.  It's a chance to be bowl eligible, and avoid the worst record this century.  I think they'll show up to play.  It's Sr. night too.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2021 at 2:03 AM, LSUDad said:

Bag of Donuts

With a flair for kabuki make-up and extravagant costumes, the four New Orleans natives cover songs in a style they have branded as Superpop: Any song popular from any era. In the great tradition of stunning acts, BOD has to be experienced live to fully feel the impact. The universality of their show stems from the idea that everyone likes to have an escape, a release.

Brand new extended BOD video!

“Club Covid” Available for purchase starting October 28th. Just $5!

Come take a peek into our musical oasis as we continue to navigate what is essentially a shutdown of live music. Quite frankly, without gigs our way of life is unsustainable and yet we want to give our audience something to boost their spirits, enjoy an escape and give us an opportunity to support ourselves all at the same time.

We’ve had countless conversations with our musical peers all across the region and it’s the same story each time: Our industry has been decimated. Trying to pinpoint when live music will be back in force is impossible so we are attempting to be creative and navigate these waters with some style!

Your purchase of the video will assist BOD in that goal. We love and appreciate you all. Thank you in advance for your contribution. We look forward to many more years of bringing our award winning entertainment to the masses. If this video is successful, we would love to follow up with a Christmas show complete with holiday music done the BOD way!

Metairie natives, to be clear.  😉

I know most of them quite well, Bobby, Jonathan, Jerry. 

Don't know the current drummer. The former drummer is a good buddy of mine... currently Marc Broussard's drummer, Chad. 

We used to drink K&B whiskey on stage lol. 

• Like 1