Gameday Tigers

You design the contract of the new LSU head football coach

houtiger

8 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

they demand it because 1 bad season can get you fired.  And other than Saban, basically every other human on the planet has had a bad season in the last decade or so.  And i’ll go out on a limb and say every single one will also have one in the next decade  

so great, you made $10 each of your first 3 years. 

then year 4 you made 8 and got canned. 

so you made $38 million.

it’s been a long time since i had a math class, but i think 38 is still below 95.

NOBODY in their right mind is taking that big of a gamble to make an extra 2 million today.

There are all sorts of counter examples.  Heck Jimbo lost 6 games his last year at FSU and wasn't fired, and A&M gave him a 10 year / 7.5 mil a year deal, with his current record being 6-6.  No, one bad year does not get you fired.  Take Kirby Smart at Ga., he lost 5 games his first year, didn't get fired, then has not lost more than 3 and he would be maximizing the big bucks.  There is a lot that goes into when to fire a coach, its not just the win loss record of a certain number of games.  Is the team getting better or getting worse (like Miles and O), or for a bad season was the team hit with unusual injuries.  Is the game moving beyond the coach, like Miles and his stone age offense.  Is the coach lying to the AD, like Miles saying he would change the offense then he did not.

If you have the confidence that you have the goods, you would put that risk on you and work your butt off to succeed. 

great, Jimbo didn’t get fired from FSU  

James Franklin just got a 10 year extension for the same 4 year record that got Dan Mullen FIRED. 
Call me out on that one. I got the numbers to back up that Mullen was actually better than Franklin over last 4 seasons .

which one you think is closer to what would happen at LSU?

here’s another one for you. 

15 games after the best season in the history of the sport…… FIRED!!!!!

it only happened at LSU, the job we’re discussing right now. 

9-3 got the guy before him fired too  

so tell me about 6-6 Jimbo not getting fired from a job he already quit  

or in same conference. 
Dan Mullen. 7 months after signing an extension
FIRED

coaches ain’t signing a deal that makes it cheap and easy to be fired. 
they getting fired quick enough already. especially in this conference.  How many guys in this league been here more than 4 years?

no fornicating way in hell they signing a deal that benefits the school instead of themselves in case of firing. 

LSU made it CRYSTAL CLEAR that we will fire the piss out of you really god damn quick. 

So no, i don’t think you’re talking anybody into signing here without a guarantee. 

Orher than Nick Saban (and Bo Rein) every single coach we have had since Paul fornicating Dietzel has been fired. 

NOT A SINGLE ONE has retired here.  
NONE
ZERO

coaches know this. 

they ain’t signing without a guarantee. 

$95 million plus. Guaranteed  

that’s the market. 

pay less than that, get less than that. 

I believe we're about to find out what the REAL market is....and 9.5/yr over 10 years is suddenly going to be below OUR market.

And no, there aren't going to be "incentives" in this deal.  

It's a great idea, but it's not happening.  I really truly wish it COULD happen, but the logic isn't there for the coach.  $100 million + >>> $50 million with the OPPORTUNITY to get $110 million.  

4 hours ago, houtiger said:

There are all sorts of counter examples.  Heck Jimbo lost 6 games his last year at FSU and wasn't fired, and A&M gave him a 10 year / 7.5 mil a year deal, with his current record being 6-6.  No, one bad year does not get you fired.  Take Kirby Smart at Ga., he lost 5 games his first year, didn't get fired, then has not lost more than 3 and he would be maximizing the big bucks.  There is a lot that goes into when to fire a coach, its not just the win loss record of a certain number of games.  Is the team getting better or getting worse (like Miles and O), or for a bad season was the team hit with unusual injuries.  Is the game moving beyond the coach, like Miles and his stone age offense.  Is the coach lying to the AD, like Miles saying he would change the offense then he did not.

If you have the confidence that you have the goods, you would put that risk on you and work your butt off to succeed. 

Dan Mullen says hello

Hell, Tom Herman says hello.  Dude turned TX around, had them bowling every year and NY6 bowls to boot, but those idiots think more highly of themselves and they fired him and his winning record.  Now have lost 6 in a row and there's talk of Sark on the hot seat lol.  In year 1.

12 hours ago, Fishhead said:

I believe we're about to find out what the REAL market is....and 9.5/yr over 10 years is suddenly going to be below OUR market.

And no, there aren't going to be "incentives" in this deal.  

It's a great idea, but it's not happening.  I really truly wish it COULD happen, but the logic isn't there for the coach.  $100 million + >>> $50 million with the OPPORTUNITY to get $110 million.  

yeah my guy says we’ll be the first school to break the $100 mil threshold. 

12 hours ago, Fishhead said:

Hell, Tom Herman says hello.  Dude turned TX around, had them bowling every year and NY6 bowls to boot, but those idiots think more highly of themselves and they fired him and his winning record.  Now have lost 6 in a row and there's talk of Sark on the hot seat lol.  In year 1.

hell the coach our guy is replacing wasn’t even allowed to have an actual losing season.
the mere prospect of us potentially finishing sub .500 got him canned. 

while wearing a ring so new it probably hasn’t been polished a 2nd time yet. 

that guy replaced a coach who we tried desperately to fire during a 9-3 season.

because we didn’t like HOW he got to 9-3.

you would be an absolute fool to not demand a guarantee here.