Gameday Tigers

Sting Makes It Official!

LSUDad

Derek Stingley Jr. Declares for 2022 NFL Draft, Will Forgo Senior Season at LSU 

ERIN WALSHJANUARY 6, 20220
Alerted 2h ago in the B/R App

qmolx7wdopjsh9ybxqsk.jpg
Sean Gardner/Getty Images

LSU cornerback Derek Stingley Jr. will enter the 2022 NFL draft, he announced Thursday in an article for The Players' Tribune.

Stingley wrote that he knows he's "ready to lock in and focus on what’s next" as he prepares for the jump to the next level:

"I can't say thank you enough to LSU and the fans for the support that you have given me throughout my time there, and how much I appreciate the moments we have shared together. They will never be forgotten. To my family that has been there every step of the way, thank you … your support means everything to me. I hope I continue to make you proud."

Stingley has been projected as a top NFL draft pick since his freshman season when he recorded six interceptions, 15 passes defended and 38 tackles. However, the 20-year-old has been limited by injuries over the last two seasons.