Gameday Tigers

Tigers In The 2022 Draft

Hatchertiger

• 2 weeks later...

According to Pro Football Network’s Aaron Wilson, Stingley received a fully guaranteed four-year deal that includes an option for the fifth season.

Derek Stingley Jr. four-years, $34.657 million, $22.385 million signing bonus, salaries $705,000, $870,000, $985,000, $1.1 million; plus 2023, 2024, 2025 roster bonuses $1,410,342, $2,870,684, $4,331,026 third day of training camp those years, respectively,” tweeted Wilson.

I am all for Stingley, and I hope he earns all of his contract money.  But for the life of me, I don't understand why an NFL contract would ever be fully guaranteed.  The Texans gave Deshaun Watson a fully guaranteed contract and they put themselves in a TERRIBLE SITUATION with Watson.  First he said he did not want to play for the Texans after they picked David Culley as their head coach, who had not even been a coordinator in the NFL, and he did not seem bright.  Then the women come out accusing Watson of inappropriate sexual advances during his massage sessions, 22 lawsuits.  Police investigation, no charges filed, but players have been suspended for domestic violence without charges being filed.  Texans had to pay Watson $10 mil. in 2021, although he said he did not want to play for the team.  The teams lawyer is an idiot for failing to protect the team.  The team has the draft rights to the player, so he can't sign with someone else that year.  The team is in the better negotiating position.  Is a man going to not sign a contract because it says he has to show up and play to earn his money?

2 hours ago, houtiger said:

I am all for Stingley, and I hope he earns all of his contract money.  But for the life of me, I don't understand why an NFL contract would ever be fully guaranteed.  The Texans gave Deshaun Watson a fully guaranteed contract and they put themselves in a TERRIBLE SITUATION with Watson.  First he said he did not want to play for the Texans after they picked David Culley as their head coach, who had not even been a coordinator in the NFL, and he did not seem bright.  Then the women come out accusing Watson of inappropriate sexual advances during his massage sessions, 22 lawsuits.  Police investigation, no charges filed, but players have been suspended for domestic violence without charges being filed.  Texans had to pay Watson $10 mil. in 2021, although he said he did not want to play for the team.  The teams lawyer is an idiot for failing to protect the team.  The team has the draft rights to the player, so he can't sign with someone else that year.  The team is in the better negotiating position.  Is a man going to not sign a contract because it says he has to show up and play to earn his money?

Like I always say, there’s a reason, many teams are always picking early in the draft. A continuation of failure. 

9 hours ago, Hatchertiger said:

I have definitely lost interest in the NFL over the years.

A lot of Texans fans have lost interest since the Dad died and the Son runs the team.  They are not doing well.  Lovie Smith had a run in Chicago, but the longer he stayed, the worse the record got.  They don't seem to be generating interest, although I'll watch Sting play.