Gameday Tigers

EDIT: Ed Ingram Charges Dropped, Reinstated

Hatchertiger

More: 

Damien Lewis opens up on Ed Ingram's return, impact on line

ByBILLY EMBODY 5 hours ago 

LSU offensive lineman Damien Lewis met with the media to talk about his relationship with Joe Burrow, the impact of Ed Ingram returning to the offensive line and more as the open date hits for the Tigers this week. Here's what the senior had to say.

On Ed Ingram: "We just tell him to keep his head up and we'll help him get through this. Stay up, keep your head up, keep doing what you're doing on the field. He was out here every day by hisself just grinding. He's dedicated, a hard working man."

On if it's easy for him to slide back in: "He's really experienced. He played his freshman year, but a guy like him, he's a quick learner so he can shuffle right back in there. He grinds, he learns everything real quick and is a visual learner so when he sees it, he's got it."

On the difference on the OL with Ingram: "Really ain't nothing changed with him. He sees it, he gets it. Got good flex, good hand placement and saw him the other day, he looked great."

On what he's heard about Ingram since arriving: "Yea, I heard about him when I made it in here. He wasn't playing with me, but I had heard some good stuff with the team. As a true freshman, starting 13 games, he had to have been good. True freshman starting here at LSU."

On the moment when they heard Ingram was back: "Oh man, relief. Got one of our brothers back. That's huge. Finally got some gasoline on the fire. Everybody's happy for him. He worked hard and got a year taken away from him, but he's back on the team and he's ready to go. He works out on his own. He's just dedicated. Just goes in there and works out. Runs the hill, all across school. He's hungry. He's got a chip on his shoulder. He's ready to go out there and show people what he's got."

On Ingram's impact on the OL: "It just helps us. We know we're deep at offensive line. We lost a couple in the beginning of the year, but to get him back and making guys compete, everybody competing, it's going to be good for the offensive linemen. We got Adrian Magee, Chasen Hines, all those guys can play right now, but with Ed back, it's just going to make everybody compete from right tackle to everybody just competing. Makes us even better."

On how Adrian Magee has handled it: "He's got to turn up to another level. Everybody on the depth chart, everybody got to turn it up another notch and see who the better man wins."

On arriving with Joe Burrow at the same time: "When I first got here, I didn't know who Joe was. I didn't know who Joe was. I just saw this was our quarterback. Now that I finally met him and this is my quarterback, we're hanging out and going out to eat and stuff."

On how tight the OL is with Burrow: "Real tight. We ain't going to let nobody hit our quarterback. Every game he'll treat us when we hit our goals and we'll all go out to eat and just hang out. We go to Walk On's."

On if he notices the big plays: "I don't really be thinking about it. I just be blocking and Joe's going to make plays and do what he do. We're just going to keep on blocking until we hear the whistle."

Cush talks the return. 

WATCH: Lloyd Cushenberry on Ed Ingram's return

BySHEA DIXON 9 hours ago 

LSU offensive lineman Lloyd Cushenberryhas been an anchor for the Tigers in the trenches the past two seasons, earning starts in all 13 games at center a year ago and finishing second among all LSU offensive linemen in total snaps with 973.

On the year, Cushenberry missed only eight snaps in SEC games, and he's been the starter at center for quarterback Joe Burrow across the first four games of the 2019 season. 

2COMMENTS

With the Tigers on a bye, one of the biggest talking points has been the return of one-time starter Ed Ingram, who missed the entire 2018 season while serving a suspension. Ingram was reinstated to the team last week, and now LSU gets back a player who started in the final 12 games of the 2017 season. He played more than 700 snaps in his first year on the line and teamed with fellow freshman Shaahdiq Charles to become one of the most productive true freshmen offensive line tandems in school history.

With Ingram back in the fold and set to see action against Utah State in two weeks, Cushenberry weighed in with some of his thoughts on Ingram's return and what's ahead for the Tigers in the trenches.

‘They all cheered for him’: Ed Orgeron talks return of Ed Ingram

Brian Stultz Brian Stultz 
2 days ago

LSU’s offensive line got a major boost with the news that left guard Ed Ingram, who was reinstated this week after charges of alleged aggravated sexual assault were dismissed, will return to the Tigers and most likely play in the next game on Oct. 5 against Utah State.

His teammates seemed to be excited that Ingram is back, per Ed Orgeron.

“They all cheered for him when we announce that he is back today,” the coach said during his latest media availability. “I think he gives us a sense of confidence up front and the sense we can do some things up front with other guys and gives us more depth.”

Tuesday was the first time Ingram had practiced with the Tigers since being indefinitely suspended during the beginning of last year’s fall camp.

As for winning his starting job back, Orgeron said that will be decided in the future.

“We’ll just see,” Orgeron said on Tuesday. “And if [Ingram’s] not ready, we won’t play him. We’ll treat him just like anybody else. But I do believe he’s going to be ready. I think you can see him in Utah State, and I think he’s going to be able to play. That would be my gut feeling.”

Archived