Gameday Tigers

Friday Night Scrimmage

Fishhead

Scrimmage last night, some points of note. 

Gio- have seen many wondering if he has a place in this lineup. Well he's making a case. 2 doubles last night in his first two ABs. And we know he can run down anything in the OF

T McManus- can hit, no doubt. But can he run? Last night he bangs a double in his first AB, then gets pinch run. From what I understand, he's been pinch run every time which is fine in a scrimmage, because there's no real rules. But it's go time.  He recovering from a stress fracture in his fibula and is said to be about 100%, but I dunno. 

Skinny Cade- Bomb

Dugas and Berry- struggled at the plate. So far a common theme for Dugas in practice and scrimmages. Slow start last year too, so we'll wait. 

3-2 ballgame makes me feel good about our pitching. Blake Money started and pitched well, sits about 92 and outside the 1st inning showed good control. 

Helmers started as well, gave up some big hits, but it was to Gio, Crews, and Morgan primarily. They're pretty good lol. 

Will be interesting to see how the pitching rotation winds up. A name to watch is the freshman Lansville.

Oh and Millazo still rakes the ball right at people. It's uncanny. 

• Like 1

RE: Money

"I think he's got great stuff. You're talking about a fastball up to 96 mph with two to three plus pitches and a ton of strikes," Johnson said. "The simplistic answer is he has a lot of traits you need to win. He's competing at a high level and for me it's more about the reliability of the person. He'll get us off to a great start."

"He looks a lot more flexible, his ball is jumping out a lot more this year, his curveball is falling in for strikes," outfielder Dylan Crews said. "I'm really happy for him and looking forward to seeing what he does Friday."

https://www.si.com/college/lsu/baseball/lsu-announces-opening-weekend-pitching-rotation