Gameday Tigers

Brayden Jobert (2022)

Nutriaitch

While there’s a song about the eye of a tiger, Delgado Community College transfer Brayden Jobert makes a case for a dolphin.

Jobert, whose former school’s mascot was the Dolphins, had the best eyes on the pitches in his debut this weekend, leading the team with a .600 batting average before Sunday’s matchup with Maine. He finished the day going 3 for 4, including a home run, double and four RBIs.

The success stems in part from a meditative visualization technique LSU coach Jay Johnson has taught his hitters, where they sit in the batting cages and focus on visualizing their at-bats.

“Personally, I’m very big on breathing. I’ve always been like that but the visualization stuff takes it to another level,” Jobert said. “I’ve been trying to dial in on our vision and seeing the ball deeper and not do too much with my swings.”

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_23bbbe94-92a7-11ec-a938-cf842588e8d5.html

• Like 1

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_25b5162c-95c3-11ec-a568-9774ed1dcf50.html

The first time Brayden drew a “G” in the sand before an at-bat was during his sophomore year of high school at Northshore. He promptly smashed a home run.

“G” was what he always called his grandmother, Edie Jobert. That was on one of the days she didn’t feel well enough to go to his game, and he wanted to let her know he was thinking of her.

Edie had fought breast cancer for more than 20 years, and as her eldest grandchild, Brayden and her were close. She was the cool grandma, the kind that was full of life even when she was fighting for it.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...